Research Technician/Junior Engineer - [Archived Advertisement]
Research Technician/Junior Engineer
- Do you have a background in mechatronic engineering?
- Are you skilled in data analysis techniques?
- Join CSIRO - Australia's premier scientific research organisation
We are seeking a Research Technician/Junior Engineer to contribute to hardware/software development for use within 'Digital Viticulture'. In this role you will assist with the development and use of integrated proximal sensors (e.g. thermal, hyperspectral), supporting analytics and associated software under the direction of senior project staff and leaders. You will also be involved in field testing and regular use of developed sensors in commercial vineyards and/or CSIRO grapevine plantings.
If you have training in electrical engineering, mechatronics, or other fields in which data analysis techniques such as computer vision and machine learning are involved, this could be the ideal role for you.
Your duties will include:
- Assisting with the development of
- integrated sensor hardware and associated support software.
- novel sensor data analytics for application in viticulture.
- Field testing of new hardware, regular field collection of data using existing hardware.
- Reporting to senior staff on experiments and progress.
Location: Adelaide, SA
Salary: AU$63k - AU$80k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified term until 30th June 2022
To be considered you will need:
- Relevant bachelor’s degree or equivalent relevant work experience in mechatronic engineering or equivalent.
- A current driver’s licence.
- Demonstrated experience with field-deployed agricultural or environmental sensing.
- Demonstrated experience with programming and data analysis in Python/R/Matlab or similar languages.
- Demonstrated experience with integration and development of sensor hardware and associated firmware.
For full details about this role please review the Position Description.
The successful applicant will be required to obtain and provide a National Police Check or equivalent. There may also be occasional field work that requires overnight stays away from base.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit diverse people and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish. Diversity and Inclusion Strategy
We are committed to the safety and wellbeing of all children and young people.
At CSIRO, Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
8th March, 2021 11:00pm AEST
- Closing Date:
- 08 Mar 2021
- SA - Adelaide
- AU$63k - AU$80k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
- Work Type: