Facilities Coordinator - CSIRO Business and Infrastructure Services - [Archived Advertisement]
Facilities Coordinator - CSIRO Business and Infrastructure Services
- Diverse role supporting unique R&D facilities
- Exciting time to re-think and re-design our workplaces post COVID
- Challenge yourself at CSIRO – Australia’s premier science & technology research organisation!
CSIRO has a complex property portfolio of owned and leased facilities within Australia and overseas. These administration and scientific research facilities, (including National Research Infrastructure) are diverse in ownership, nature, age and condition. The property portfolio is managed by CSIRO Business and Infrastructure Services (CBIS) which has a presence in each state.
As a Facilities Coordinator for CBIS, you will contribute to the smooth operation of site property, buildings, and support services within your specific area of responsibility. You will coordinate the workflow services required to process, allocate and monitor the facilities management related activities for the site. Working as part of the broader CBIS Regional team, you will deliver high quality services and contribute to the establishment and refinement of effective strategies. Coordinating facilities maintenance services and daily operational activities, you will ensure the provision of efficient corrective and preventative maintenance work, and deliver continuous improvements in workflow systems and processes.
In this role you will:
- Liaise with clients to anticipate their needs and take personal responsibility for client satisfaction.
- Deliver training as required and participate in the planning of group activities on sites in your region.
- Interpret, develop and review policies, procedures and systems, and make recommendations to management.
- Coordinate the services to manage all staff and contractor job requests (incl. security and access control), and monitor contractor performance against KPIs.
- Monitor legislative and organisational compliance, and identify emerging risks and threats.
- Actively participate in the Facilities Condition Audit Program and annual reviews of facilities and services.
- Provide and apply technical advice and operational expertise on equipment functionality, condition and maintenance schedules.
- Supervise, respond and report on site ‘soft’ services.
- Participate in an after-hours ‘on call’ roster and emergency response requirements.
Location: Adelaide, South Australia
Salary: AU$83k - AU$94k per annum, plus up to 15.4% superannuation
To be considered you will have relevant work experience in the delivery of facility management services for a diverse range of complex and highly serviced research and support facilities. You will also have:
- Effective interpersonal abilities, including sound negotiation and communication skills.
- The ability to work efficiently with a diverse operational team across several sites.
- Sound knowledge of procurement processes.
- Knowledge, experience and appreciation of relevant statutory requirements associated with Federal, State and Local Government.
- The ability to work under general direction, accept responsibility and take accountability for on-site service provision
To see all the criteria required for success in this role, click on the ‘Position Details’ link below.
The successful applicant will be required to obtain and provide a National Police Clearance or equivalent.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
CSIRO’s Commitment to Diversity
We’re working hard to recruit diverse people and ensure all our people feel supported to do their best work and empowered to let their ideas flourish. Diversity and Inclusion Strategy
We are committed to the safety and wellbeing of all children and young people.
At CSIRO, Australia’s national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
To apply online, please provide a CV and cover letter outlining your motivations for applying and your suitability for the role, paying particular attention to the requirements outlined in the Position Details.
Monday 8 March, 2021 (11pm AEDT)
We reserve the right to withdraw this ad prior to the closing date
- Closing Date:
- 08 Mar 2021
- SA - Adelaide
- AU$83k - AU$94k per annum, plus up to 15.4% superannuation
- Work Type:
- Full Time
- Facilities Management