Data Analyst - [Archived Advertisement]
- Do you have an interest in current national and global agri-food system challenges?
- Are you an experienced Data Analyst looking to help make a difference?
- Join CSIRO's Agriculture & Food, Food Systems and Global Change Group today!
This role will work with the Food Systems and Global Change Group in CSIRO's Agriculture & Food Business unit. This Group contributes to science leadership in aspects of the agri-food system from production, diversification, nutrition, social, gender, cultural and environmental aspects. We partner with international and national research institutes, universities, funders and think tanks to contribute integrated assessment, modelling and foresighting to complex and interconnected agri-food challenges.
We are seeking a Data Analyst to work with and support staff to manage, analyse, and package data related to current research projects. The successful applicant will help the Group increase the speed and efficiency of data processing, maintain existing data collections, and increasing the range and power of statistical analysis and data harvesting processes.
Your duties will include:
- Curating and managing large datasets and group databases
- Managing access to shared datasets, overseeing and ensuring data ethics are established and maintained
- Cleaning and analysing large, complex, and sometimes incomplete datasets using methods in R/Python and statistical programming across a range of projects
- Collecting data for specific research purposes from a range of sources including published datasets, national government databases, review of published and grey literature
- Data visualisation activities, including mapping
Location: St Lucia, QLD or Black Mountain, ACT
Salary: AU$83,687 - AU$94,679 plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified term of 36 months
To be considered you will need:
- A bachelors degree in agricultural science (with a focus on data analysis) or tertiary qualification in maths or data science (with a basic understanding of agri-food systems)
- Programming adaptability including the use of R/Phython and other programming languages and statistical methods
- The ability to be highly organised, and well versed in data design, management, and code documentation, ethics, and privacy practices
- Experience in data visualisation for decision making
- Broad understanding of agri-food systems and an interest in deepening knowledge of current global and national issues
For full details about this role please review the Position Description
The successful applicant will be required to obtain and provide a National Police Check or equivalent.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit diverse people and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish. Diversity and Inclusion Strategy
We are committed to the safety and wellbeing of all children and young people.
At CSIRO, Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
Wednesday 17 March 2021, 11:00pm AEDT
- Closing Date:
- 17 Mar 2021
- AU$83,687 - AU$94,679 plus up to 15.4% superannuation
- Work Type: