Research Business and Partnerships Coordinator - Missions (Agriculture & Food) - [Archived Advertisement]
Research Business and Partnerships Coordinator - Missions (Agriculture & Food)
- Unique opportunity for career diversion from research, BD, science comms or similar
- Flexible arrangement - one full-time or two part-time opportunities
- Take a central role in CSIRO’s exciting new research initiative
As a Research Business and Partnerships Coordinator, you will contribute to and support the Future Protein Mission in CSIRO Agriculture and Food. You will be responsible for ensuring the Mission is engaged with Government and Industry stakeholders for maximum relevance and impact. Other duties will include developing and leading the Mission’s monitoring and evaluation programs, coordinating preparation of proposals, building networks and representing the Mission to various internal and external audiences. As the successful candidate, you will also coordinate internal business processes and provide advice and support to the Mission lead on issues, challenges, risks and interactions with key stakeholders and external parties.
The global population will reach 9.7 billion by 2050, fuelling the demand for protein. The world will need to produce more protein, more sustainably, from more sources into the future not only to meet this boom but also the changing dietary patterns of the modern health- and ethically conscious consumer. The aim of the Future Protein Mission is to grow Australia's protein industry by $10b by 2025. The mission would aim to seize the opportunity created by the world’s growing demand for high quality protein by supporting new Australian industries through science, innovation and technology.
This is a full-time position, but we will consider offering two part-time appointments of 50%. If you're considering a career change from research, business development, science communication, or similar, this could be the ideal opportunity for you.
Your duties will include:
- Providing high-level support and advice to the Mission Lead on issues, challenges, risks and interactions with key stakeholders and external parties.
- Establishing and leading a program of scientific monitoring, evaluation and learning.
- Coordinating the scope, preparation, planning and submission of research funding proposals in partnership with staff working with the Mission.
- Representing the Mission as required in a range of forums and engagements.
- Initiating and preparing complex and high-quality technical and business documents, reports, analyses, plans and briefings.
- Liaising with clients to determine their needs, tailoring solutions to potentially conflicting requirements.
- Prioritising issues for the attention of the Mission Lead and providing briefing notes/reports to facilitate effective decision-making and actions.
- Coordinating internal and external business processes (e.g. steering committees and external reference groups) and provide responses to information and reporting requests.
Location: Brisbane (St Lucia) QLD
Salary: AU$98k – AU$106k (pro-rata for part-time) plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified term until 30th June 2023 (full-time position or 2 x 50% part-time positions)
To be considered you will need:
- A relevant tertiary qualification or experience managing science and innovation projects.
- The ability to manage multiple initiatives within a large and complex organisation, and present findings influentially to decision makers.
- Project management, decision-making and problem-solving skills, and the ability to remain composed under pressure.
- Sound judgement and a proven ability to think and act strategically.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- High-level interpersonal, negotiation and representational skills.
For full details about this role please review the Position Description
The successful applicant will be required to obtain and provide a National Police Check or equivalent.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit diverse people and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish. Diversity and Inclusion Strategy
We are committed to the safety and wellbeing of all children and young people.
At CSIRO, Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role paying particular attention to the selection criteria outlined in the Position Description.
21 March 2021, 11:00 pm AEDT
We reserve the right to withdraw this ad prior to the closing date.
- Closing Date:
- 21 Mar 2021
- QLD - St Lucia
- AU$98k – AU$106k (pro-rata for part-time) plus up to 15.4% superannuation
- Work Type: