Research Scientist/Engineer in Electrochemistry - [Archived Advertisement]
Research Scientist/Engineer in Electrochemistry
- Apply your expertise to electrocatalytic hydrogen production & storage projects
- Be part of a multi-disciplinary team conducting electrochemistry research
- Join CSIRO Mineral Resources and make a difference!
We are seeking to recruit two Research Scientists/Engineers with multi-disciplinary skills in electrochemistry, analytical chemistry and materials chemistry to join the Electrochemical Processing Team in CSIRO Mineral Resources. The team have been developing an electrochemical cell to improve electrochemical processing. This platform technology is currently being explored for hydrogen production, storage and transport. Hydrogen has attracted considerable attention in the last two decades and is considered an important energy source of the future.
In this diverse role, you will conduct cutting-edge research to optimise the proprietary electrochemical technology for hydrogen applications. As the successful candidate, you will work as part of a multi-disciplinary team comprised of electrochemists, synthetic chemists, modellers and engineers to help with project delivery. Furthermore, there will be a commercial focus, working with a client to ensure delivery of a commercially acceptable technology.
Your duties will include:
- As a member of the Electrochemical Processing Team, contributing to the electrocatalytic hydrogen production and storage project by:
- Contributing to the modification, redesign and fabrication of the CSIRO electrochemical flow cell.
- Assisting with the characterisation and evaluation of new cell designs.
- Using techniques to measure and validate cell performance.
- Suggesting and evaluating worthwhile catalyst materials for alkaline water electrolysis and hydrogenation/dehydrogenation of liquid organic hydrogen carriers.
- Contributing to the development of innovative concepts and ideas for further research.
- Contributing to the preparation of high-quality scientific papers for publication in high-quality journals, conference papers, client reports and any patents arising from the research.
Location: Melbourne (Clayton) VIC
Salary: AU$98k - AU$106k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified term of 3 years
To be considered you will need:
- A PhD (or an equivalent combination of qualifications and research experience) in a relevant field such as electrochemistry, electroanalytical chemistry, chemical engineering, electrometallurgy or material chemistry.
- Sound knowledge of electrochemical science and technology, including its practice in a research environment.
- A good working knowledge of material requirements for electrochemical applications.
- Knowledge of electrocatalytic hydrogen production and hydrogenation of organic materials including how to analyse catalytic efficiency.
- Experience designing and undertaking complex electrochemical measurements and resolving difficult problems where the recorded data may be ambiguous.
- Good communication and team working skills.
- A history of undertaking original, creative and innovative research by generating and pursuing novel ideas and solutions to scientific research problems.
- A publication history of authorship on scientific papers in peer reviewed journals and/or reports, grant applications or inventorship on patent applications.
For full details about this role please review the Position Description
The successful applicant will be required to obtain and provide a National Police Check or equivalent.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit diverse people and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish. Diversity and Inclusion Strategy
We are committed to the safety and wellbeing of all children and young people.
At CSIRO, Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
5th April 2021, 11:00 pm AEST
- Closing Date:
- 05 Apr 2021
- VIC - Clayton
- AU$98k - AU$106k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
- Work Type: