Executive Assistant - Chief Scientist - [Archived Advertisement]
Executive Assistant - Chief Scientist
- Unique Executive Assistant role
- Excellent opportunity for candidates with Board and C suite experience
- Clayton location
The Executive Assistant (EA) provides high level administrative and executive support to the Chief Scientist, CSIRO. This role will support the newly appointed Chief Scientist, CSIRO, who is a member of the CSIRO Executive Team and CSIRO Leadership Team. This role will require the successful candidate to prioritise diary commitments, follow through on all queries and issues to successful resolution, coordinate timely responses to requests, collect and analyse information provided, coordinating responses and reports as required.
Your duties will include:
- Provide a proactive focal point for the Chief Scientist’s Office to CSIRO Executive Team and CSIRO Leadership Team and external bodies.
- Develop and maintain strong and effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Maintain confidentiality and use a high degree of discretion and sensitivity in all interactions.
- Provide efficient and effective diary management, including arranging meetings and appointments on behalf of the Chief Scientist, and manage all domestic and overseas travel arrangements.
- Monitor and prioritise incoming correspondence and calls, exercising judgement and initiative to request, coordinate, manage, and action as appropriate.
- Provide systematic and dependable follow up of issues and tasks and ensure they are handled in a timely fashion.
- Assist in meeting set-up and arrangements including schedules of events, minute taking and preparation of papers, as required.
- Draft responses to incoming correspondence.
- Gather information, collate, analyse, and prepare draft reports.
- Maintain accurate, accessible, and up-to-date office information systems and processes (Outlook, email folders, Outlook contacts, paper files).
- Communicate effectively and respectfully with all staff, clients, and suppliers in the interests of good business practice, collaboration and enhancement of CSIRO’s reputation.
- Work collaboratively with colleagues across CSIRO, to reach objectives, establishing networks with other teams and professionals in their field.
- Adhere to the spirit and practice of CSIRO’s Code of Conduct, Health, Safety and Environment procedures, policy and Diversity initiatives.
Salary: AU$85,361 to AU$96,573 pa and up to 15.4% superannuation
To be considered you will need:
- Significant experience in providing secretarial and administrative support to a senior manager or executive in a fast paced and complex environment.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and in using enterprise-wide business systems to manage workflow processes and on?line transactions.
- Strong organisational skills, ability to prioritise demands and escalate issues when required.
- Demonstrated ability to network within a complex organisation, developing and maintaining productive relationships with key stakeholder groups.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment, proactively collaborating, consulting and sharing resources to accomplish objectives.
- Demonstrated ability to professionally handle sensitive and confidential information and use appropriate judgment and discretion, as a representative of the Chief Scientist
- Demonstrated ability and willingness to generate improved solutions to complex problems and resolve complaints using creativity and excellent negotiation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to gather and collate information and prepare draft reports, to executive or board standard.
For full details about this role please review the Position Description.
Applications for this position are open to Australian Citizens Only, Australian/New Zealand Citizens and Australian Permanent Residents Only. Appointment to this role may be subject to conditions including provision of a national police check as well as other security/medical/character clearance requirements.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work.
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit people representing the diversity across our society, and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish.
At CSIRO Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology. We put the safety and wellbeing of our people above all else and earn trust everywhere because we only deal in facts. We collaborate widely and generously and deliver solutions with real impact.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
15 August 2021, 11:00pm AEST/AEDT
- Closing Date:
- 15 Aug 2021
- VIC - Clayton
- AU$85,361 to AU$96,573 pa and up to 15.4% superannuation
- Work Type:
- Full Time