DevOps Engineer - Square Kilometre Array (SKA) - [Archived Advertisement]
DevOps Engineer - Square Kilometre Array (SKA)
- Play an integral role in supporting the global SKA initiative
- Use your strongly collaborative approach to manage key technical tasks
- Flexible full-time or part-time role – join us and make a difference!
CSIRO is playing a lead role in the development of the world’s largest radio observatory, the Square Kilometre Array (SKA), including the SKA-LOW telescope to be constructed at the Murchison Radio-astronomy Observatory in remote Western Australia. The SKA will address fundamental unanswered questions about our Universe including how the first stars and galaxies formed after the big bang, how dark energy is accelerating the expansion of the Universe, the nature of gravity, and the search for life beyond Earth.
As an SKA DevOps Engineer, you will collaboratively manage the continuous integration, testing and deployment pipeline of the integrated SKA software system for the SKA-LOW telescope. As part of the growing SKA Assembly, Integration and Verification (AIV) team, you will work closely with SKA software developers, SKA system testers and commissioning scientists to manage these activities. You will also maintain the software infrastructure based on cloud-based technologies such as Kubernetes, in collaboration with the wider international SKA System (DevOps) team.
CSIRO’s Space and Astronomy business unit is committed to providing a safe and inclusive workplace culture and implementing initiatives to improve diversity and equity within our workplace. This role is offered on a full-time or part-time basis
In this role you will:
- Collaborate with the DevOps team on managing the continuous integration, testing and deployment pipeline of the SKA software system for the SKA-LOW telescope.
- Provide support to users of the SKA software infrastructure deployed in Australia.
- Automate processes and procedures to continuously improve how software is deployed.
- Provide system administration of the servers located at the Integration Facilities in Sydney and Perth.
- Work collaboratively as part of the multi-disciplinary, regionally dispersed, agile team following the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) methodology.
- Address problems promptly, selecting the most efficient approach and preparing design proposals and experimental protocols.
- Undertake travel to the observatory site (~700km north of Perth), as well as national and international travel, as required.
Location: Perth, Western Australia
Salary: AU$100k - AU$108k pa (pro-rata for part-time) plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: 5 year term, full-time or part-time
Residency: See ‘Position Details’ link below
To be considered you will need:
- A Bachelor’s/Master's degree in a scientific or technical discipline such as Computer Science or an equivalent field.
- Sound experience using software infrastructure provisioning tools), and in cloud and/or virtualization platforms.
- Proficiency in Python and shell dialects such as Bash.
- Experience in several DevOps practices and tools.
- Experience supporting operations of highly distributed software systems.
- Good problem solving and team skills, with the ability to work well independently.
For full details about this role please view the Position Details
The successful applicant will be required to obtain and provide a National Police Clearance or equivalent.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you.
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit people representing the diversity across our society, and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish.
At CSIRO,Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology. We put the safety and wellbeing of our people above all else and earn trust everywhere because we only deal in facts. We collaborate widely and generously and deliver solutions with real impact.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply online and provide a CV and cover letter outlining your motivations for applying and your suitability for the role, paying particular attention to the requirements outlined in the Position Details.
Internal Applications Close
Sunday 22 August, 2021, 11.00pm AEST
We reserve the right to withdraw this ad prior to the closing date
- Closing Date:
- 22 Aug 2021
- AU$100k - AU$108k pa (pro-rata for part-time) plus up to 15.4% superannuation
- Work Type:
- Full Time/ Part Time