CSIRO Postdoctoral Fellowship in Multi-Agent Lifelong Learning - [Archived Advertisement]
CSIRO Postdoctoral Fellowship in Multi-Agent Lifelong Learning
- Join a world-class robotics research team focused on human-robot team in challenging field settings
- Work with a wide range of researchers to develop new machine learning methods that can continuously learn without forgetting in field environment.
- Be part of our joint CSIRO Data61 and Agriculture and Food shared strategy project in this exciting postdoctoral fellowship role
CSIRO Early Research Career (CERC) Postdoctoral Fellowships provide opportunities to scientists and engineers who have completed their doctorate and have less than three years of relevant postdoctoral work experience. These fellowships aim to develop the next generation of future leaders of the innovation system.
The CSIRO Data61 and Agriculture and Food business units are recently established a new 3-year shared strategy project to develop digital/data transformation for agriculture. As a member of this multidisciplinary team, you will work with CSIRO scientists, engineers and collaborate with national and international university partners to develop new mobile robotic methods that have general applicability for close-loop automation for non-uniform tasks in future complex farming systems such as harvesting or pruning with human-on-the-loop.
The postdoctoral researcher will work closely with leading scientists in the Data61 machine learning and data analytics and the Agriculture and Food business unit, developing fundamental and transformative algorithms and workflows for closed-loop mobile team coordination. Your research will focus on developing algorithms that can sense, analysis and act in-situ in field environment. The successful candidate will work within national and international settings and as part of a diverse multidisciplinary team. The developed frameworks will be tested and deployed on real-world robotics platform. They will present the findings in appropriate top-tier journals or conferences.
Your duties will include:
- Developing generalised methods for fully autonomous field robotics for non-uniform tasks in farms.
- Implementing these methods efficiently using programming tools such as TensorFlow and PyTorch on high-performance computing systems.
- Publishing results in relevant international scientific venues (high-level journals and conferences).
- Evaluating the developed software to demonstrate its competitiveness and fitness for purpose, taking responsibility for functionality, performance, and robustness.
Location: Brisbane, Queensland
Salary: AU$89k - AU$98k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified term of 3 years
To be considered you will need:
- A doctorate (or will shortly satisfy the requirements of a PhD) in a relevant discipline area, such as robotics, machine learning, artificial intelligence, computer vision, computer science, statistics, data analytics, applied mathematics or applied physics.
- Please note: To be eligible for this role, you must have no more than 3 years (full-time equivalent) of postdoctoral research experience.
- Solid knowledge of field robotics, machine learning, artificial intelligence, and the ability to understand and develop mathematically-founded algorithms and their development in toolkits such as ROS, TensorFlow or PyTorch.
- A sound history of publication in peer-reviewed journals and/or authorship of scientific papers, reports, grant applications or patents.
- The ability to work effectively as part of a multidisciplinary, regionally dispersed research team, plus the motivation and discipline to carry out independent research.
- Knowledge of Python, C++ or equivalent.
For full details about this role please view the Position Description
To be eligible to for role, you must be an Australian/New Zealand Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident or Australian temporary resident currently residing in Australia and be able to commence in the role by early 2022.
The successful applicant will be required to obtain and provide a National Police Check or equivalent.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work.
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit people representing the diversity across our society, and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish.
At CSIRO Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology. We put the safety and wellbeing of our people above all else and earn trust everywhere because we only deal in facts. We collaborate widely and generously and deliver solutions with real impact.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
30 November 2021, 11:00pm AEDT
- Closing Date:
- 30 Nov 2021
- QLD - Brisbane
- AU$89k - AU$98k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
- Work Type: