Laboratory Autoclave & Wash-Up Operator/Assistant - Biology and Chemistry - [Archived Advertisement]
Laboratory Autoclave & Wash-Up Operator/Assistant - Biology and Chemistry
- Gain valuable experience working across both Chemistry and Biology groups
- Long-term role supporting scientific research in Biomedical Manufacturing
- Join CSIRO – Australia’s National Science and Innovation Agency!
CSIRO’s Manufacturing business unit is seeking a motivated and efficient Laboratory Wash-up Operator to join their Melbourne-based team in a long-term role.
Reporting to the R&D Group Leader, you will work across our Biology & Chemistry teams and provide general laboratory housekeeping and maintenance support. You will have access to our new labs and facilities, and liaise with internal research staff to ensure smooth day-to-day operation of laboratory & research activities.
This is an excellent opportunity for an individual who prides themselves in their attention to detail and ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
Your duties will include:
- Disposing laboratory waste (both biological and chemical waste) and where required following Physical Containment Class 2 (PC2) and the Office of the Gene Technology Regulator (OGTR) conditions.
- Collecting and washing dirty glassware and consumables, and ensuring glassware and consumables/equipment are free of obvious defects.
- Undertaking cleaning and maintenance activities associated with the autoclaves, dish-washers and laboratory area to ensure sterilisation and cleaning processes meet standard requirements.
- Complying and working under appropriate activity risk-assessments (ARAs), safe work instructions (SWIs) and plant-risk assessments (PRAs).
- Undertaking other general laboratory maintenance duties as required, including ordering and stocking laboratories with standard consumables and checking safe operation of eye-wash stations.
Location: Melbourne (Clayton), VIC
Salary: AU$49,545 to AU$63,863 pa + up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified Term of 3 years
To be considered you will need:
- Minimum year 12 certificate or equivalent combination of experience and training in a relevant scientific field.
- Knowledge & understanding of safety protocols in a scientific laboratory environment and ability to undertake tasks as instructed while adhering to safety protocols.
- Ability to communicate effectively and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Willingness and ability to work co-operatively in a team environment.
- Ability to use initiative, apply sound judgement and manage competing priorities to achieve team goals.
For full details about this role please review the Position Description
To be eligible to apply for this role, you must be an Australian/New Zealand Citizen or an Australian Permanent Resident currently residing in Australia.
The successful applicant will be required to obtain and provide a National Police Check or equivalent. Additional integrity checks may be required for specific roles which require security clearance for working with children, Australian Government cybersecurity requirements or other identified security roles.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work.
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit people representing the diversity across our society, and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish.
At CSIRO Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology. We put the safety and wellbeing of our people above all else and earn trust everywhere because we only deal in facts. We collaborate widely and generously and deliver solutions with real impact.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
9 November 2021, 11:00pm AEDT
- Closing Date:
- 09 Nov 2021
- VIC - Clayton
- AU$49,545 to AU$63,863 pa + up to 15.4% superannuation
- Work Type:
- Full Time