Endpoint Specialist and Desktop Integration Engineer - [Archived Advertisement]
Endpoint Specialist and Desktop Integration Engineer
- Supportive, rewarding, inclusive and truly flexible environment
- Use your skills and experiences in Systems Engineering to support something truly special
- Join CSIRO and support Australia's premier scientific organisation!
Do you possess superior technical skills and are looking to join a motivated and highly collaborative development environment?
We are looking for an Endpoint Specialist and Desktop Integration Engineer to act as a technical leader within the Information Management & Technology (IM&T) business unit. This will incorporate the management of Endpoint infrastructure to ensure the CSIRO Desktop Environment is operating in the most effective and efficient manner. The endpoint environments include Windows, macOS, Linux and Citrix.
Your duties will include:
As the successful applicant, you will have proven experience and capability in the delivery of solutions and services to support strategic and operational objectives. Furthermore, you will assist with the implementation of key IMT projects including the Cyber Security Uplift Project, Endpoint Upgrades and Service Improvements, Virtual Desktop Infrastructure, and many more exciting projects that support the environment within CSIRO.
- Manage and maintain systems and services for two or more CSIRO Endpoint Platforms (Windows, macOS, Linux, and Citrix).
- Offer technical advice that is aligned with overall solution designs, architecture, and frameworks.
- Act as a trusted advisor; demonstrate creativity in determining and anticipating client needs, identifying and adapting quickly to changes in client needs and industry developments.
- Develop and enhance relevant standards, procedures, and guidelines.
- Research, evaluate and implement new products with respect to CSIRO requirements.
- Identify, design, plan, lead and implement Service Improvement Projects to reduce costs, increase security and improve service in software management.
- Resolve complex technical issues relating to systems and software managed by IMT.
- Provide mentoring through the development of Endpoint Platforms and Services staff and virtual team members
Location: SA, ACT or WA (other locations considered)
Salary: AU$102,724 to AU$111,165 pa + up to 15.4% Superannuation
To be considered you will need:
- Advanced knowledge of Operating Systems and Systems Management Technologies, such as: SCCM, Active Directory, Group Policy, Jamf Pro, Puppet or similar technologies
- Experience with Security-Related technologies and systems, including: Endpoint Protection, Security Certificates, Application Control, Multi-Factor Authentication and other security techniques (or demonstrated ability to learn quickly)
- Ability to perform troubleshooting of complex technical problems which require deep knowledge spanning a range of technical areas
- Ability to identify projects for Service Improvement, and perform the relevant steps to design, plan, and deliver such projects
- Effective written and oral communication skills with proven ability to communicate with staff and clients at all levels, including ability to write and maintain documentation for multiple audiences, including technical documentation, end-user user guides and whole-of-business policies
- Knowledge of SQL and Database Management
- Advanced knowledge of Citrix and VDI infrastructure, including Citrix ADC (NetScaler), Virtual Apps and Desktops
- Highly developed networking skills including firewalling, advanced TCP/IP, deep protocol analysis
CSIRO thrives on innovation; innovation that is harnessed by the diversity of the minds and lived experiences brought to our greatest challenges. If you meet some, but not all requirements, we encourage you to submit your application.
For full details about this role please review the Position Description
To be eligible to work in CSIRO you must be an Australian Citizen, Permanent Resident or either hold, or be able to obtain, a valid working visa.
The successful applicant will be required to obtain and provide a National Police Check or equivalent. Additional integrity checks may be required for specific roles which require security clearance for working with children, Australian Government cybersecurity requirements or other identified security roles.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work.
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit people representing the diversity across our society, and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish.
At CSIRO Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology. We put the safety and wellbeing of our people above all else and earn trust everywhere because we only deal in facts. We collaborate widely and generously and deliver solutions with real impact.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
28th November 2021, 11:00pm AEST/AEDT
- Closing Date:
- 28 Nov 2021
- AU$102,724 to AU$111,165 pa + up to 15.4% Superannuation
- Work Type:
- Full Time