Synthetic Biology Research Projects Officer - [Archived Advertisement]
Synthetic Biology Research Projects Officer
Acknowledgement of Country
CSIRO acknowledges the Traditional Owners of the land, sea and waters, of the area that we live and work on across Australia. We acknowledge their continuing connection to their culture and pay our respects to their Elders past and present. View our?vision towards reconciliation.
- Do you have experience in microbiology with a focus on yeast?
- Contribute to the development of next gen proteins for food/health markets
- Join CSIRO and make a difference as part of a multidisciplinary research team!
CSIRO’s Agriculture and Food is seeking a motivated Synthetic Biology Research Projects Officer to join the newly established Microbial Engineering Team in the Synthetic Traits Group. In this role, you will be part of a dynamic multidisciplinary research group to work on the production of high value recombinant protein ingredients through precision fermentation.
You will benefit from being part of a large scientific network through the broader CSIRO Future Protein Mission and CSIRO Synthetic Biology Future Science Platform initiatives and be part of CSIRO’s mission to develop the next generation protein ingredients for food and health markets.
If you have experience in microbiology with a focus on yeast and recombinant protein expression or characterisation and would like to contribute to multidisciplinary synthetic biology research with real impact to Australia, then read on!
Your duties will include:
- Conducting cloning of genetic constructs and transformation of yeast (Pichia pastoris).
- Undertaking recombinant protein expression, purification and Western blot analysis.
- Preparing samples for proteomics analysis.
- Maintaining accurate experimental records.
- Presenting results in written and oral communications with the team.
Location: Black Mountain, Canberra ACT
Salary: AU$66k - AU$84k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified term until 30th June 2022
To be considered you will need:
- A relevant degree or equivalent relevant work experience in microbiology or synthetic biology.
- Microbiology laboratory experience with a focus on yeast.
- Experience in recombinant protein expression and/or characterisation.
- Good communication skills coupled with the ability to maintain accurate records.
- The ability to work collaboratively within a team to achieve results.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities whilst meeting tight time frames and organisational goals.
For full details about this role please review the Position Description
To be considered for this role, you must be:
- An Australian/New Zealand citizen
- An Australian permanent resident
- An Australian temporary resident with unrestricted work rights for the duration of the advertised term (i.e. till 30 June 2022) with no requirement for sponsorship from CSIRO.
The successful applicant will be required to obtain and provide a National Police Check or equivalent.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work.
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit people representing the diversity across our society, and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish.
At CSIRO Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology. We put the safety and wellbeing of our people above all else and earn trust everywhere because we only deal in facts. We collaborate widely and generously and deliver solutions with real impact.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
5 December 2021, 11:00 pm AEDT
- Closing Date:
- 05 Dec 2021
- ACT - Black Mountain
- AU$66k - AU$84k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
- Work Type: