CSIRO Postdoctoral Fellowship in Solid Oxide Electrolyte Technology - [Archived Advertisement]
CSIRO Postdoctoral Fellowship in Solid Oxide Electrolyte Technology
Acknowledgement of Country
CSIRO acknowledges the Traditional Owners of the land, sea and waters, of the area that we live and work on across Australia. We acknowledge their continuing connection to their culture and pay our respects to their Elders past and present. View our vision towards reconciliation.
- Do you have a PhD in electrochemistry, material science, or chemical engineering?
- Keen to research and develop efficient next generation solid oxide electrochemical cells?
- Work with a dedicated and experienced electrochemical energy system team in this exciting postdoctoral role
CSIRO Early Research Career (CERC) Postdoctoral Fellowships provide opportunities to scientists and engineers who have completed their doctorate and have less than three years of relevant postdoctoral work experience. These fellowships aim to develop the next generation of future leaders of the innovation system.
As part of our effort on low emission carbon technologies, we seek an enthusiastic and motivated scientist with a PhD degree in Electrochemistry, Materials Science, or Chemical Engineering for a three-year Postdoctoral Fellowship. The Postdoctoral Fellow is sought to work with a dedicated and experienced electrochemical energy system team, to research and develop efficient next generation solid oxide electrochemical cells. The Postdoctoral Fellow will take a role to research, evaluate and develop materials of ceramic based solid oxide cells.
Your duties will include:
- Developing materials and cell designs to achieve high current densities and lifetime for the solid oxide electrolyte cells and delivering on new strategic research projects for the capability development in this area and generate IP and publications.
- Undertaking materials characterisation (XRD, SEM, TEM, DTA/TGA, surface area, etc.) for phase identification, surface, and microstructural analysis.
- Undertaking the selection of suitable materials and coatings methods for scalable cells.
- Contributing to the effective functioning of a research team and helping deliver upon team’s objectives.
- Communicating research outcomes in both oral and written form including presentations to a variety of audiences, reports and peer reviewed scientific publications.
Location: Clayton, Victoria
Salary: AU$89k - AU$98k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified term of 3 years
To be considered you will need:
- A doctorate (or will shortly satisfy the requirements of a PhD) in a relevant discipline area, such as electrochemistry, material science, chemical engineering with strong background in electrochemistry. Please note: To be eligible for this role you must have no more than 3 years (full-time equivalent) of postdoctoral research experience.
- Demonstrated experience in high temperature solid state fuel cell or electrolysers.
- Demonstrated experience of fabrication and testing of solid oxide electrochemical cells.
- Sound knowledge and experience working with hydrogen within hydrogen energy applications.
- Sound working knowledge of electrochemical instrumentation and various electrochemical and physical characterisation techniques.
For full details about this role please view the Position Description
The successful applicant will be required to obtain and provide a National Police Check or equivalent. Additional integrity checks may be required for specific roles which require security clearance for working with children, Australian Government cybersecurity requirements or other identified security roles.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work.
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit people representing the diversity across our society, and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish.
At CSIRO Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology. We put the safety and wellbeing of our people above all else and earn trust everywhere because we only deal in facts. We collaborate widely and generously and deliver solutions with real impact.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
15 March 2022, 11:00pm AEDT
- Closing Date:
- 15 Mar 2022
- VIC - Clayton
- AU$89k - AU$98k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
- Work Type: