Simulation Database Manager - [Archived Advertisement]
Department of Defence (View other jobs from this organisation)
Simulation Database Manager
$78,304- $89,449 (plus super)
The Land Simulation Centre is responsible for the delivery of virtual and constructive simulation based training to the Australian Army through networked Battle Simulation Sites (BSS) across the country using defence approved simulation systems, networks and hardware.
The Simulation Database Manager is responsible for the management and consistency of simulation system databases and their currency against ADF capabilities. As simulations consist of a complex collection of inter-related databases, the primary output of this position is the design, creation and management of simulation system specific databases.
This involves the development and maintenance of:
• Simulation entities (tabulated data for entities and weapon systems)
• Simulation data (enumeration data and probability tables)
• scenario data (BLUFOR and OPFOR orders of battle)
• Behaviours (Tactics, Techniques, Procedures (TTPs), immediate actions, movement data)
• Geospatial data which underpins all virtual and constructive simulations.
The role requires significant liaison with external stakeholders and data sources. The successful applicant will be meticulous in their attention to detail with the ability to achieve thoroughness and accuracy when developing and maintaining simulation data.
You will be a self-starter who is comfortable with complexity and ambiguity, well able to navigate and remain effective in an agile and continuous service delivery environment.
You will have a strong commitment to continuous personal and system improvement with a consultative approach sharply focused on delivering timely and consistent outcomes.
The key capability output for the Database Manager function is that all data is authoritative, standardized and current across land simulation platforms.
• Provide data management consistency across simulation systems and currency against ADF capabilities.
• Formulate management techniques for quality data collection to ensure adequacy, accuracy and legitimacy of data
• Build and sustain professional relationships and collaborate with a range of external partners and internal teams to workshop, capture and document requirements to mature data assets
• Develop robust and accurate digital data and modelling in support of the land simulation capability
• Manage the distribution of authoritative data to functional commands and external agencies.
• Maintain configuration management /version control of defence approved simulation systems across Battle Simulation Sites
• Anticipate and rapidly respond to shifting priorities and periods of uncertainty in client and stakeholder needs and expectations.
• Demonstrated understanding of the military environment and the linkage between work tasks and force generation and force preparation training outcomes is desirable
Application Closing Date: 20 June 2018
For further information please review the job information pack, reference ARMY/02088/18 on www.defence.gov.au/apscareers.
- Closing Date:
- 20 Jun 2018
- VIC - Puckapunyal
- $78,304- $89,449 (plus super)
- Work Type:
- Full Time
- APS Classification:
- APS Level 6