Simulation Test Engineer - [Archived Advertisement]
Department of Defence (View other jobs from this organisation)
Simulation Test Engineer
$78,304- $89,449 (plus super)
The Land Simulation Centre is responsible for the delivery of virtual and constructive simulation based training to the Australian Army through networked Battle Simulation Sites (BSS) across the country using defence approved simulation systems, networks and hardware.
The Systems Test Engineer will work under broad direction within a small technical support team and be accountable for complex simulation software and hardware testing activities.
You will work within a framework of legislation, established principles, work practices and procedures in accordance with Defence’s mission and business objectives.
You will have excellent oral and written communication skills with particular strengths in technical writing. As such you will work independently, write test plans and scripts, produce test cases and carry out system analysis.
You will use automated test software to assess the behaviour, functionality and integrity of simulation systems including the detailed documentation of test results. To achieve this you will have an in-depth knowledge of the software delivery lifecycle with demonstrated experience across requirements gathering, user acceptance testing and quality assurance.
The successful applicant will be a self-starter who is comfortable with complexity and ambiguity, well able to navigate and remain effective in an agile and continuous service delivery environment.
You will have a strong commitment to continuous personal and system improvement with a consultative approach sharply focused on delivering timely and consistent outcomes.
You will apply appropriate Verification, Validation, and Accreditation processes to ensure the quality and appropriateness of the data used in the simulation application, and the configuration control procedures applied to it, meets service needs.
- Accountable to produce test artefacts to test new and amended simulation software or services
- Provide reports on progress, effects, risks and issues including simulation systems quality and metrics in test cases
- Apply strong analytical and investigative skills
- Understand testing and best practice standards and use experience to ensure quality assurance practices are met
- Understand and apply appropriate Verification, Validation, and Accreditation techniques.
- Identify process improvements and contribute to the continuous improvement of simulation software and hardware testing standards and definition of best practice
- Encourage collaboration, build and sustain effective working relationships with team members and actively participate in team work and group activities.
- Facilitate and promote appropriate direction for the team by communicating software and hardware testing goals and objectives.
- Investigate and implement solutions to issues impacting on the achievement of desired outcomes.
Application Closing Date: 20 June 2018
For further information please review the job information pack, reference on ARMY/02089/18 www.defence.gov.au/apscareers.
- Closing Date:
- 20 Jun 2018
- VIC - Puckapunyal
- $78,304- $89,449 (plus super)
- Work Type:
- Full Time
- APS Classification:
- APS Level 6