Senior Officer Contract
- Newly created philanthropic opportunity to secure support and funding for City of Melbourne homelessness initiatives
- Create, coordinate and grow an advancement program
- Make the Difference
City of Melbourne is committed to supporting diversity, inclusion and flexibility. Applicants seeking flexible and part-time arrangements are encouraged to apply.
For more information on what it is like working with us at City of Melbourne please go to working with us at City of Melbourne
City of Melbourne recognises the value of the diversity and strength of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultures to the heritage of all Australians and encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people to apply. If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
How this position will Make the Difference to City of Melbourne…
As the Philanthropic Fundraising Executive, you will play a lead role in developing partnerships within corporate, philanthropic, community and government sectors to secure support and funding for City of Melbourne homelessness initiatives and other strategic goals and priorities for our community.
Working closely with the Office of the CEO and leadership team, you will create, coordinate and grow an advancement program (private giving) focused on homelessness and a small number of strategic priorities. The program will include the development of targeted communications and public relations.
To be successful in this role you will have an established reputation and demonstrated track record in professional fundraising with a strong technical understanding of contemporary income generation practices. This crucial executive position will require an exceptional and disciplined people leader who daily role models City of Melbourne’s iCARE vales and is committed to making a difference for our community. A proven leader you will bring your high emotional intelligence to this role, to collaboratively drive delivery of service excellence and reform, along with your proven track record in managing stakeholder relationships.
This is an exceptional opportunity for a high performing and influential executive with experience in driving and delivering on the City of Melbourne’s homelessness initiatives. As a leader you will demonstrate strong aptitude to build and manage effective and productive stakeholder relationships within a highly political and complex environment.
You can bring…
- Ability to demonstrate and display City of Melbourne Values – accountability, integrity, courage, respect for self and others, and striving for excellence
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant field and significant experience in a similar role, preferably in starting up a philanthropic function
- Strong leadership and management skills, including the ability to provide a strategic vision and organise, motivate and collaborate with staff in a complex large organisation environment
- A proven track record in professional fundraising with a strong technical understanding of contemporary income generation practices
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- An innovative, energetic and proactive approach to work with strong organisational skills
- Demonstrated experience in fundraising success from a variety of fundraising streams
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement fundraising strategies
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with strong presentation skills and poise when communicating with individuals and groups
- Demonstrated ability to write and edit content for a wide range of media, solid understanding of social and broadcast media and ability to oversee production of websites and publications.
To view the position description and physical requirements of this position, please see below under Position Information.
How to apply…
As part of the online application form you are required to:
- attach your resume
- attach a separate cover letter (no more than two pages)
Please address your covering letter to Eamonn Fennessy, Director City Communities
The Advertised Close Date and other important information can be found on www.melbourne.vic.gov.au/careers.
City of Melbourne is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a safe working environment that embraces and values child safety, diversity and inclusion.
If you have a disability and require advice and support during the recruitment process, we encourage you to apply or contact us on the details listed below.