State Manager - South Australia - [Archived Advertisement]
The Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA) is the organisation responsible for the administration of the National Registration and Accreditation Scheme in partnership with 15 National Boards for the regulated health professions. Our eight capital city offices represent National Scheme interests with key community, professional, employer and government stakeholders within each State and Territory. Our operations are governed by the Health Practitioner Regulation National Law Act as in force in each state and territory
As State Manager, you will be responsible for the AHPRA office in your capital city location of Sydney, Adelaide or Melbourne. Your primary focus will be the delivery of high quality regulatory services consistent with national policy, procedures and performance requirements. You will do this by working in partnership with key internal and external stakeholders within your State, to ensure that AHPRA is responsive to diverse local needs and conditions. You will also play an integral role in the significant and ongoing organisational change program by contributing to the development of regulatory policies, programs and service delivery requirements and positively engaging with staff to lead them through the change, while building a high performance culture that fosters staff learning and wellbeing.
To be a strong contender for this important and challenging role, you will have a successful track record in operational leadership and management, ideally within a regulatory environment and/or health context. You will be comfortable in leading through an environment of change, have outstanding people management and leadership skills, excellent stakeholder engagement and relationship management skills, and have the ability to proactively identify and manage issues or risks at the local level that may negatively impact service delivery, and/or employee culture and wellbeing. You will also be a strategic thinker with sound analytical conceptual and problem solving skills, have an understanding of how government regulates in the public interest, be results oriented and have the ability to lead collaborative efforts across diverse teams to deliver business outcomes.
If you are up for this exciting and challenging role we want to hear from you.
Salary circa $145,000 +9.5% superannuation
• Click http://careers.ahpra.gov.au/cw/en/listing to submit your application and view the Position Description
• Please submit your application from a confidential email address where you are prepared to receive all emails regarding the position
• Your application must include a resume and maximum 2 page response to the “Qualifications/Experience/ Personal Attributes” selection criteria which are stated in the Position Description under the heading "Key Requirements"
• For further information or enquiries please contact Kym Ayscough (02) 8071 2030
• Applications must be submitted by 4pm AEST on 23rd of February 2018
• As part of your application, all applicants external to AHPRA must provide evidence of Australian Working rights
- Closing Date:
- 23 Feb 2018
- SA - Adelaide
- Salary circa $145,000 +9.5% superannuation
- Work Type:
- Full Time