Infrastructure Architect - Operational Science and Technology - [Archived Advertisement]
Australian Federal Police (View other jobs from this organisation)
Infrastructure Architect - Operational Science and Technology
Applications are invited from suitably qualified people who are interested in an appointment to the AFP.
The AFP’s Operational Science & Technology (OS&T) portfolio provides critical integrated, secure and effective information and communications systems and services to the AFP.
The Infrastructure Architect provides advice & direction on infrastructure supporting AFP ICT systems. The responsibility covers the physical layer and not only supports OS&T information and communications infrastructure but also plays a vital part in supporting all AFP Operations.
Your duties will include:
- Having a detailed understanding and experience of:
- Structured Cabling Systems
- Redundancies in systems & services
- UPS systems
- CRAC systems
- Understand contractual obligations
- Project management & scheduling
- Management tools (Project, Visio, CAD)
- Lead with a customer focus across all operational activities and working towards strong & effective relationships with key stakeholders
- Work to find creative ways to keep operational costs to a minimum and work outside of the box with OS&T Infrastructure Teams to improve efficiency and implement new strategies
- Work as part of a team; managing the physical operation and maintenance of the AFP’S Mission Critical Infrastructure
- Facilitate zero downtime operation by identifying and eliminating potential points of failures / risk
- Oversee the design and implementation of all future upgrades specific to the AFP’s Infrastructure
- Develop and manage projects to improve the overall reliability and safety performance
- Facilitate as required, the allocation and installation of all ICT hardware equipment within the critical facilities whilst at the same time taking all aspects into account when it comes to future capacity planning
- In consultation, select the appropriate location for new and replacement equipment and work with the various OS&T Infrastructure Teams to define power and environmental requirements, and oversee equipment installation and testing
- Work with the broader OS&T Teams, consultants, date centre operations, AV, Networks and client groups to ensure Infrastructure Architecture meets the future AFP requirements
- Manage and deliver infrastructure repairs to all small to large scale projects
- Manage and escalate critical emergency issues
Essential requirements, skills or experience:
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience as an Infrastructure Architect
Desirable requirements, skills or experience:
- A telecommunications background would be highly regarded.
- To be eligible you must be an Australian Citizen.
- This position requires the successful candidate to obtain a Negative Vetting 1 Security Clearance.
- This position is located in Canberra, ACT. Successful applicants must be willing to relocate to Canberra.
What do we offer?
We provide our people with many benefits appropriate to the level of the position including, but not limited to:
- An attractive remuneration package as per our Enterprise Agreement
- Four mandatory rest days per year
- Six weeks annual leave
- Flexible working arrangements
- Flex time
- 15.4% Superannuation
- External and internal training opportunities
How to apply:
- To apply visit the AFP’s Career Page at: https://www.afp.gov.au/careers/vacancies
- Refer to the ‘Required Application Documents’ section on the job ad on the AFP Careers Page
- If you have a disability/medical condition and require a copy of this advertisement and attached documentation in an accessible format or would like to discuss an access requirements/reasonable adjustment for the recruitment process, please contact AFPRecruitment@afp.gov.au
Applications close: 11.59pm (AEDST) on Wednesday 20 October 2020.
As an inclusive organisation, the AFP provides opportunity for all Australians to fairly gain employment in the AFP. We appreciate that everyone is unique and acknowledge that diversity in thought leads to greater transparency and improved consideration in our decision making.
This message contains information which may be confidential and privileged. Unless you are the intended recipient (or authorized to receive this message for the intended recipient), you may not use, copy, disseminate or disclose to anyone the message or any information contained in the message. If you have received the message in error, please advise the sender by reply e-mail, and delete the message. Thank you very much.
- Closing Date:
- 20 Oct 2021
- ACT - Canberra
- Band 07, $105,974.00 - $113,500.00
- Work Type:
- Full Time