Business Analyst - [Archived Advertisement]
Defence Housing Australia (View other jobs from this organisation)
At Defence Housing Australia (DHA), we provide quality housing and related services to Defence members and families. DHA’s award winning work supports the Defence capability.
This role reports to the Manager, Business Analyst Team within Business Solutions and Technology (BS&T). BS&T are responsible for all software related business analysis, business solutions, in-house software development, telephony, IT services and infrastructure. We deliver business as usual activities and innovation driven initiatives that provide efficiencies to the broader organisation.
As part of this role, your responsibilities will include analysis, design and specification of new and existing IT systems to support the business using appropriate standards, methodologies and toolsets. You will provide expert advice and assistance to system users, investigate complex issues and determine business impact and recommend solutions.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Exceptional communication skills, with a particular focus on workshop facilitation, presentation and writing skills.
- Proven experience in business analysis, human-centred design and the ability to apply critical thinking to deconstruct problems.
- A demonstrated ability to apply structured business analysis deliverables and use tools and techniques, such as
- documenting high-level and detailed requirements,
- mapping current and future state business processes,
- creating user stories and use cases,
- conceptualising information and constructing visual models.
- Proven experience in requirement gathering and developing acceptance criteria and functional specifications with the ability to apply knowledge of business systems and translate business needs into technical requirements.
- Experience in applying business process re-engineering to business and application processes and procedures.
Some of the benefits of working at DHA include:
- Generous employee benefits with a competitive salary packing, including performance bonus
- employer superannuation contribution of up to 15.4%
- flexible work arrangements, including family friendly provisions
- benefits of working for the APS, while in an outcome focused Government Business Enterprise
- A diverse range of interesting projects in high performing and collaborative work environment.
This is a full-time position. DHA’s core business hours are between 8.30am and 5.00pm Monday to Friday. DHA operates under flexible working hours and staff may be required to work outside core business hours at times. DHA
- Acquire and apply extensive knowledge of DHA’s business and familiarity with DHA Enterprise Applications to gather business requirements for business process and application development, maintenance and enhancement.
- Support business design activities including workshop facilitation, stakeholder interviews and deliver engaging presentations.
- Analyse, interpret and compose business rules and requirements into functional specifications, acceptance criteria and other technical documents including offering specialist advice in the context of the solution design and business process improvement.
- Conduct and assist with definition, analysis and testing of business applications including the investigation and immediate resolution of application problems and the implementation of preventative solutions.
- Undertake business process re-engineering and prepare, document and quality-review current state and future state workflows for new or enhanced business and application processes.
- Provide a conduit between DHA’s business areas and the software development team whilst working in a multi-disciplinary design and development team including subject matter experts, developers, testers and project managers.
- Advise on methods to improve processes, remove non value-add activities, improve customer service, create efficiencies and reduce costs.
Specific goals against key result areas are outlined in each individual staff member’s performance development agreement each year.
HOW TO APPLY
Based on the duty statement, in 500 words, please tell us how your skills and experience are relevant to the role and describe the contribution you can make to DHA.
- Closing Date:
- 02 Jan 2020
- ACT - Canberra
- Work Type:
- Full Time
- APS Classification:
- APS Level 6