Assistant Director - Publicly Funded Research Agencies (PFRA's) and Government - [Archived Advertisement]
Defence Science and Technology (DST) (View other jobs from this organisation)
Assistant Director - Publicly Funded Research Agencies (PFRA's) and Government
Executive Level 1
$100,946 - $113,866 (plus super)
Fishermans Bend, VIC
In partnership with DST management and the research division management teams, you will be responsible for identifying, establishing, building and managing collaborative, commercialisation and strategic research relationships with Australian PFRA’s, such as CSIRO and ANSTO, and other Government agencies and departments at both a state and federal level. You will leverage these relationships to optimise and increase available resources for the advancement of science and technology which will contribute to enhanced Defence capability. The position will also have a role in mentoring DST Group research division staff to provide high level policy and specialist support for PFRA and intra-Government engagement, intellectual property and commercial interactions, including the preparation and negotiation of agreements through to the execution phase.
As part of an experienced and dynamic team, you will possess:
- Commercial acumen and demonstrated experience in successfully developing, implementing and sustaining productive partnerships in the research or government environment.
- Experience and demonstrated track record in proactive Relationship Management within industry and/or a University and/or a government environment.
- Experience in negotiating a wide range of collaboration arrangements with various stakeholders.
- Experience or demonstrated ability to communicate, liaise and negotiate effectively and sensitively with senior staff and partner organisations to build productive relationships and facilitate mutually beneficial outcomes.
- An ability to understand capability in partner organisations of relevance to Defence and maximize outcomes for Defence.
Application Closing Date: 30 November 2018.
For further information please review the job information pack, reference DST/03767/18 on www.defence.gov.au/apscareers
- Closing Date:
- 30 Nov 2018
- SA - Edinburgh
- $100,946 - $113,866 (plus super)
- Work Type:
- Full Time
- APS Classification:
- Executive Level 1