Security Systems Administrator - [Archived Advertisement]
Department of Defence (View other jobs from this organisation)
Security Systems Administrator
$78,304 - $89,449 (plus super)
The Chief Information Officer Group (CIOG) is looking for ICT Security specialists who will be responsible for configuring, administering and maintaining the operational capability for specialist ICT Security Monitoring Systems. We are seeking to fill critical vacancies in our technical ranks developing the next generation of unique collection and analytic systems to meet critical national requirements.
As a member of the CIOG team you will find yourself working alongside remarkable people using advanced technology, techniques and innovation to:
- Maintain, build and configure ICT Security Monitoring Systems and Applications
- Coordinate the collection of system and application event logs from corporate networks
- Manage the deployment and configuration of agents and connectors for the collection and transport of event logs
- Participate in the internal Change Management process and help support shared audit collection and transport environments
- Onboard new event log sources including normalisation of data into XML, JSON or CEF
- Ability to work in a small team to provide support to various system types that would normally be covered by multiple resolver groups in larger environments.
As a member of the CIOG team you will provide support for the systems used by analysts to perform analysis on complex incidents, utilising large data sets. You will need to demonstrate a good understanding of security log analysis, detection and response techniques including communication/networking knowledge that incorporate networking protocols, applications and services that transit a modern gateway environment including mail and web applications.
Additionally your working knowledge of Corporate ICT Systems including an understanding of the security implications and security risks that can lead to the compromise of data through authorised and non-authorised access. Demonstrated knowledge of Linux administration with experience in Windows environments will be an advantage.
As a successful member of the CIOG team you will provide high level, accurate and well informed subject matter expert advice in relation to ICT Security incidents to management and internal/external stakeholders. Successful candidates will be required to undertake a PV Clearance upgrade after initial commencement.
These positions are located in Harman, ACT.
Applications Closing Date: Monday August 13 2018
For further information please review the job information pack, reference CIOG/02341/18 on www.defence.gov.au/apscareers
- Closing Date:
- 13 Aug 2018
- ACT - Harman
- $78,304 - $89,449 (plus super)
- Work Type:
- Full Time
- APS Classification:
- APS Level 6