Overview of the Branch and Section:
Our Visa, Citizenship and Digital Services Branch is seeking two enthusiastic and motivated Integration Developers with a strong technical aptitude to work in our Enterprise Integration Services (EIS) Section. EIS provides system-to-system integration and communication solutions for the Department of Home Affairs. EIS supports and enhances multiple middleware platforms including an IBM DataPower Enterprise Service Bus, an IBM Integration Bus and MQ implementations. The section is currently implementing the Department’s API Gateway capability and Event Messaging Platform.
About the role:
The Integration Developer positions will have the opportunity to work with multiple integration platforms, toolsets and projects, however will primarily be working on the Customs Connect Facility (CCF). The CCF provides an e-commerce gateway supporting the passenger and cargo sectors and has been built using a combination of IBM integration products and bespoke development.
Our ideal candidate:
The Department is looking for people who enjoy working in a rapidly evolving and forward thinking environment. With a focus on innovation and progression, our ideal candidate will help to maintain and further develop our innovative processes. Whilst working in the Department you will be exposed to cutting edge technology as well as training resources that can fast track your professional development, allowing you to excel within and outside of the Department. The successful candidates will be self-driven and seek to directly influence the key outcomes of the organisation.
Our ideal candidates will have a strong background in ICT with demonstrated experience in developing and supporting IT applications including some of the following:
- Java (or similar) development
- XML related technologies (XML, XSLT, WSDL, XSD, XPath)
- Database query languages such as SQL
- Data transformation technologies
- Integration platforms such as IBM Integration Bus, IBM DataPower, IBM MQ, and API Gateways
- Internet security concepts such as HTTPS and Public Key Infrastructure
- Have, or be willing to obtain a government Baseline clearance and Employment Suitability Clearance.
Working as part of the small CCF team of permanent employees and contractors, these positions will:
- Analyse, code, test and implement software using various tools and languages
- Undertake problem solving and incident resolution
- Undertake defect analysis, impact assessments and develop bug fixes
- Provide Level 3 technical support including on-call after hours support as part of a roster
- Liaise with other technical teams, business areas, commercial partners and clients
- Perform unit testing and complex technical testing
- Maintain and develop CCF technical documentation.
For further information about this role and how to apply please review the Position Description available on the Department of Home Affairs website. Applicants must register and apply via the Department’s OurPeople online recruitment system.
Closing Date: 9 March 2020
Contact Officer: Rowena Foot, Rowena.Foot@homeaffairs.gov.au,
02 6264 1483