Senior WHS Manager - [Archived Advertisement]
Sydney Harbour Federation Trust (View other jobs from this organisation)
Senior WHS Manager
The Sydney Harbour Federation Trust was created by the Australian Government responsible for vision planning and management of Sydney Harbour sites including Cockatoo Island in Sydney Harbour, Woolwich Dock and Parklands in Woolwich, Sub Base Platypus in Neutral Bay, Georges Heights, Middle Head and Chowder Bay in Mosman, North Head Sanctuary in Manly, Marine Biological Station in Watsons Bay and Macquarie Lightstation in Vaucluse.
The Harbour Trust’s vision is to create and share extraordinary places on Sydney Harbour and amplify their stories.
Our mission is to “bring to life our natural and cultural heritage and provide a lasting legacy for all Australians through conservation, remediation and the adaptive reuse of places in our care”.
Sites that were for many years hidden away from public view are now open for all, containing an extraordinary mix of historic buildings, magnificent harbour views, pristine natural landscapes and defence heritage. These public spaces and parklands now offer major events, exhibitions, venue hire, accommodation, tours and business tenancy.
Reporting to the CEO, the key focus for the Senior WHS Manager will be identifying and managing WHS matters across the across various Harbour Trust sites and areas of WHS risk. It is anticipated that this role will be a fulltime 12 month term role which is additional to our current resourcing level.
This is a senior role however will require a “hands on” approach. With relevant formal qualifications in WHS your ability to effectively communicate, problem solve, and build credible relationships at all levels within the business will be critical to your success. As important will be confidence in your own ability, a strong customer service focus, goal orientation and motivation.
This role will have overaching responsibility for WHS across the Harbour Trust. This may include:
- Undertaking risk assessments on all public spaces to identify possible risks and putting in place controls to mitigate against those risks.
- Responding to WHS issues raised by staff, contractors, volunteers and the public
- Review of the emergency management plans and evacuation plans for currency and consistency, particularly in relation to the size and scope of events being held on Harbour Trust sites.
- Conducting training in relation to emergency management plans
- Providing assistance with the roll-out of new online WHS IT System.
- Supervise a review of the corrective actions register against previous audit recommendations
- Consolidate and review of the internal information/processes in relation to asbestos management for compliance
- Review of the Events Safety Management System Documentation and develop an agreed process on what aspects are reviewed by WHS and what are reviewed within the Events team.
- Working closely with the Manager, Volunteers review and update the volunteer safety management system
- Conduct internal checks on compliance in key high risk areas.
- Together with the WHS Officer, conduct further training on the WHS Management System, in particular in relation to incident reporting, incident investigation and incident corrective actions.
- In conjunction with Site Services, monitor fire safety compliance and develop fire safety schedules for each of the sites.
- Preparing and presenting reports for the Executive, Harbour Trust Board and Departmental Portfolio Audit Committee.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Approximately 10 years’ experience in a Senior WHS role ideally in construction, property or facilities management or parkland operations
- The ability to build a strong safety culture and influence safety behaviour at all levels of an organisation,
- Tertiary qualifications in WHS
- Relevant training experience
- Current driver’s license
- Australian citizenship or the ability to work in Australia
A Police Check will be conducted prior to commencement.
Applications close on 18th December 2019 and should be forwarded to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The Sydney Harbour Federation Trust is an equal opportunities employer and we encourage applications from indigenous Australians, people from non-English speaking backgrounds and people with disabilities. Information about the Harbour Trust can be found at www.harbourtrust.gov.au
- Closing Date:
- 18 Dec 2019
- NSW - Sydney
- Work Type:
- Full Time