ABC News Cadetships 2020
ABC News Cadetships 2020
The ABC strives for equity and diversity in the workplace, and to promote a culture of opportunity. Through its services the ABC seeks to represent, connect and engage with all of the Australian community. In line with our focus on diversity, applications are strongly encouraged from Indigenous Australians, people from a range of cultural and linguistic backgrounds and people with disabilities. The ABC also aims to achieve a gender-balanced workforce.
- Be a part of Australia's independent national broadcaster
- One-year training program in radio, television, digital news reporting
- Intensive workshops, mentoring and on-the-job training
- Cadetships start in January 2020
ABOUT THE ABC
The ABC is the fastest growing digital news service in Australia and the undisputed number one news service on social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, Messenger and YouTube. We are seeking journalists who are passionate about digital storytelling to join a team whose mission will be to create and produce features that will connect with a diverse range of Australians and empower them to better understand the stories that matter to them.
ABC News is the most respected name in news and current affairs and the nation's leading independent news service on digital, social media and broadcast outlets. We are committed to career development; we look for potential and we invest in our people to be leaders in their fields. We believe in flexible approaches to working and in building diverse and collaborative teams.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As a Cadet Journalist you will assist with the reporting and producing of news content for radio, television and online. You will be trained and mentored by some of Australia’s top Journalists to ensure the best support and development for your future.
We're looking for energetic individuals with some experience in digital and broadcast media. This can include internships and work in public, community, an educational institute or commercial media.
If you also have the following attributes, then we encourage you to apply:
- An enquiring mind and a passion for News journalism
- A strong interest with issues and how they affect communities and people
- Well-developed research and writing skills
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Relevant media experience and/or potential
- Ability to work well in a team and take directions
HOW TO APPLY?
- For an overview of our Cadetship Program, please refer to ABC News Cadetship Program FAQ's 2020.pdf
- Please complete the online application form. It's good practice to print the application form before starting, as there are a variety of tasks you'll need to complete before you can submit the application.
Applications close strictly at 11:55pm on Sunday 29 September 2019
Please click here to apply.