EL2 Director Targeted Research and Strategic Evaluation - [Archived Advertisement]
Chandler Macleod (View other jobs from this organisation)
EL2 Director Targeted Research and Strategic Evaluation
Chandler Macleod is currently recruiting for a EL2 Director of Targeted Research and Strategic Evaluation to join a leading Federal Government Agency. This is on a 12-Month contract with potential for extension and based in Richmond.
What’s in it for you:
- Fantastic office location in Richmond with hybrid potential
- 12 month contract with possible extension
- Standard full time hours Monday to Friday
- EL2 $750 to $900 per day + super, dependent on experience
**Mandatory: Australian Citizenship required to work within Federal Government.**
The EL2 Targeted Research and Strategic Evaluation is accountable under broad direction to undertake work with a high level of complexity or sensitivity that delivers quality outcomes across the functions of the Agency. The position will exercise a significant degree of independence and will use a high-level of decision-making and judgement.
The role will be required to coordinate and assume responsibility for highly complex or sensitive projects and work program outcomes across the functions that have strategic or operational significance to the Agency.
Responsibilities of the role include but are not limited to:
- Managing a multidisciplinary team delivering robust mixed methods research and evaluations, including those involving inferential statistical analyses.
- Developing and managing program logic models, theory of change and evaluation frameworks.
- Leading new ways for using existing and new data for measuring outcomes for the NDIS and its participants.
- Developing and managing key strategic relationships with a broad range of stakeholders designing and delivering evaluation projects.
- Overseeing and preparing a range of high-quality written evaluation findings including business cases, Parliamentary, Ministerial, Senate Estimates briefs and Agency documentation.
- Developing, leading, and promoting a culture of evaluative thinking across the Agency and building capacity of other business units to undertake evaluations of their business activities.
- Collaborate with the Research and Evaluation Branch leadership team, delivering the Research and Evaluation Strategy
- Experience in either State, federal or consultancy evaluation leadership roles including analytics/statistics expertise.
- 3+ years’ experience in leading teams in large scale, complex evaluations including state/federal programs.
- Excellent stakeholder management and the ability to work with stakeholders to determine stakeholder needs, program logics and outcomes required.
- 3+ years in independently designing evaluations and producing evaluation logics that reflect the stakeholders/Agency’s needs.
- Demonstrates extemporary experience of delivering end to end formative and impact evaluations which have informed change.
- Experience in using a range of sophisticated methods including quantitative, qualitative and economic methods, and embedding the participant at the heart of the work.
- Ability to coach and nurture a team of evaluation experts.
- Excellent presentation and stakeholder skills.
- Proficient writer who can produce high quality plain English products.
- A team player who contributes to leading a thriving branch and supports all other areas
- Academic or evaluation qualifications
If you have the relevant experience, please click ‘APPLY’ to upload your details and resume, as well as a cover letter addressing the key skills, to be considered for the role.
APPLICATIONS CLOSE 13/02/2024 at 11.59PM AEDT.
At Chandler Macleod, we are committed to fostering a diverse workforce where everyone is welcome. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, women, people living with a disability and the LGBTIQA+ community.
You can read more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion at https://www.chandlermacleod.com/diversity-and-inclusion
- VIC - Richmond
- $750 to $900 per day + super, dependent on experience
- Work Type:
- APS Classification:
- Executive Level 2