- Are you passionate about a career in applied research or technology?
- Want to kick-start your career with an industry placement during your PhD?
- Apply for the University of Adelaide-CSIRO Industry PhD Program!
The University of Adelaide -CSIRO Industry PhD (iPhD) Program is an industry-focused, applied research training program that aims to produce the next generation of work-ready research and innovation leaders with the skills to work at the interface of research and industry in Australia. The program aims to provide an innovation and industry-focussed 4-year applied research training experience that gives graduates a competitive advantage across a broad range of future career paths.
Industry PhD Higher Degree Research candidates will:
- Undertake an industry-focussed, applied research project
- Be supervised by a team of three supervisors (CSIRO, University of Adelaide and Industry) with expertise in applied research skills, knowledge exchange and industry
- Undertake an industry focussed training program with coursework and development activities
- Gain ‘real life’ industry experience through a six-month internship during their four-year candidature
Projects: Industry PhD scholarships are being offered on the industry-led research projects listed below, for details please see https://www.adelaide.edu.au/research/connect/partner-with-us/industry-engagement/adelaide-csiro-iphd-program/.
- Identification of bioactive compounds from plant biomass
- Managing groundwater in complex mining landscapes using advanced dating techniques
- Increasing nitrogen use efficiency with micronutrient coatings for urea fertiliser
- High Performance Solid-State Li-ion Battery based on Halloysite Additives for Next Generation Energy Storage Applications
- Rootstock effects on grape rachis (bunch-stem) composition and the implications for red wine flavour and aroma.
Location: Adelaide, South Australia (check project descriptions for details)
Scholarship: annual $40,000 Scholarship over four years, plus project research support funds of $10,000 per annum
To be eligible to apply you must be:
Applications will be assessed on:
- Experience relevant to the field of research, including any research experience
- Suitability for the project
- Academic excellence
- Motivation for undertaking an Industry-led PhD project
Full details are outlined on the University of Adelaide website at https://www.adelaide.edu.au/research/connect/partner-with-us/industry-engagement/adelaide-csiro-iphd-program/.
How to Apply:
For details on how to apply, please see the University of Adelaide website at https://www.adelaide.edu.au/research/connect/partner-with-us/industry-engagement/adelaide-csiro-iphd-program/.
We imagine. We collaborate. We innovate. At CSIRO, we do the extraordinary every day. We innovate for tomorrow and help improve today – for our customers, all Australians and the world. We do this by using science and technology to solve real issues. Diversity is the compass that navigates our innovation. We provide an inclusive workplace that respects, values and actively pursues the benefits of a diverse workforce.
Applications close: Wednesday 31st October 2018