- Are you a highly motivated and experienced Human Resources professional?
- Two year part-time contract opportunity with Australia's leading science & technology research organisation
- Join CSIRO Mineral Resources and really make a difference - Australian Science, Australia's Future!
We are seeking an experienced Human Resources Advisor to join a small team of HR professionals supporting CSIRO’s Mineral Resources Business Unit.
In this dynamic part-time role, you will use your HR expertise to provide support in the development and implementation of a range of human resource strategies and deliver high-quality advice, assistance, coaching and mentoring to all staff.
This position will be part-time, completing 40 hours per fortnight. Working hours and days will be negotiated with the successful applicant.
Your duties will include:
- Actively contributing to the development of business strategy and plans as an advisor to the Business Unit's management team.
- Developing and communicating the agreed HR direction and priorities and linking these goals to the Business Unit's strategic direction and scientific outcomes.
- Under guidance, building strategic relationships with the leaders and managers to ensure that the Business Unit implements high-quality HR strategies and practices that complement research strategies.
- Under guidance, advising and supporting senior managers on a range of highly complex and sensitive HR, organisational development and employee related issues.
- Undertaking HR transactional tasks as required, including SAP updates and searches, report preparation and filing.
Location: Melbourne (Clayton) Victoria
Salary: AU $82k to AU $93k pro rata plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: 2 year term
Job reference: 58343
To be considered:
You will hold a relevant Certificate or tertiary qualification, such as Human Resources Management, Organisational Development or Business Management, or have extensive experience within a human resources environment. You will also have:
- The ability to undertake regular interstate travel.
- Excellent communication skills and a history of professional behaviours.
- Experience in a range of HR issues including interpretation of enterprise agreements, recruitment and selection, staff development and workforce development.
- Superior relationship management skills and a history of providing accurate advice to staff at all levels on a range of complex and sensitive HR and employee relations issues
- A history of delivering customer focussed services, including anticipating and resolving problems with practical and positive solutions taking into account the needs of the business.
To see all the criteria required for success in this role, click on the ‘Position Details’ link below. Apply today!
We imagine. We collaborate. We innovate. At CSIRO, we do the extraordinary every day. We innovate for tomorrow and help improve today – for our customers, all Australians and the world. We do this by using science and technology to solve real issues. Diversity is the compass that navigates our innovation. We provide an inclusive workplace that respects, values and actively pursues the benefits of a diverse workforce.
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Find out more Balance
How to apply: Please load one document containing your CV and a brief cover letter which outlines your suitability for the role and your motivations for applying (Maximum 2MB). At the end of the online application process, you will also be required to respond to some screening questions.
Applications close: Sunday 21 October, 2018 (11:59pm AEST)
We reserve the right to withdraw this ad prior to the closing date.