CSIRO Postdoctoral Fellowship in Cancer Diagnostics and Liquid Biopsy - [Archived Advertisement]
CSIRO Postdoctoral Fellowship in Cancer Diagnostics and Liquid Biopsy
- Do you have a PhD in molecular biology, genomics/epigenetics or a related field?
- Assist in the development of a novel diagnostic liquid biopsy assay for multiple common cancers
- Join CSIRO's Molecular Diagnostics Solutions team in this exciting postdoctoral role
CSIRO Early Research Career (CERC) Postdoctoral Fellowships provide opportunities to scientists and engineers who have completed their doctorate and have less than three years of relevant postdoctoral work experience. These fellowships aim to develop the next generation of future leaders of the innovation system.
The Postdoctoral Fellow will join CSIRO’s Molecular Diagnostics Solutions team to undertake the development of a novel diagnostic liquid biopsy assay for multiple common cancers, under the supervision of Dr Warwick Locke. The Postdoctoral Fellow will be exposed to a range of new and cutting edge approaches with ample opportunity for further training and development, especially in the spaces of genomics and bioinformatics. The Molecular Diagnostics Solutions team has successful history in the development of novel cancer diagnostics, including the co-development of the Colvera™ and Colostat™ blood tests with our commercial partners.
Your duties will include:
- Developing DNA methylation and sequencing based assays and testing these on clinical plasma samples.
- Processing and analysing DNA methylation and other genomics datasets.
- Participating in collaborative research and liaising with external collaborators.
- Producing high quality scientific and technical outputs including journal articles, conference papers and presentations, patents and technical reports.
- Representing CSIRO at leading national and international conferences and forums.
Location: North Ryde, Sydney (relocating to Westmead Innovation Quarter December 2021)
Salary: AU$86k - AU$94k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified term of 3 years
To be considered you will need:
- A doctorate (or will shortly satisfy the requirements of a PhD) in a relevant discipline area, such as molecular biology, genomics/epigenetics or a related field. Please note: To be eligible for this role you must have no more than 3 years (or part-time equivalent) of postdoctoral research experience.
- Demonstrated understanding of molecular biology, genomics and associated laboratory methods. Highly proficient in the generation and quality assessment of libraries for Illumina sequencing.
- Demonstrated proficiency in at least one programming language for statistical computing, such as R (preferred) or Python.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in bioinformatics for the analysis and interpretation of genomics datasets.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team, and autonomously as required, including contributing to the scientific direction and capability of the group.
For full details about this role please view the Position Description
The successful applicant will be required to obtain and provide a National Police Check or equivalent.
Applicants must be Australian/New Zealand citizens, Australian Permanent Residents or Australian temporary residents currently residing in Australia.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit diverse people and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish. Diversity and Inclusion Strategy
We are committed to the safety and wellbeing of all children and young people.
At CSIRO, Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
15 March, 2021, 11:00pm AEDT
- Closing Date:
- 15 Mar 2021
- NSW - North Ryde
- AU$86k - AU$94k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
- Work Type: