ICT Disaster Recovery Manager
Australian Financial Security Authority (AFSA) (View other jobs from this organisation)
ICT Disaster Recovery Manager
- Lead strategic initiatives and business outcomes as a trusted and reliable service partner
- Transform AFSA’s Disaster Recovery framework to implement leading practice in business continuity
- Collaborate and build relationships with Senior Leaders and business stakeholders.
- Work in the Nation’s capital
AFSA – a leader in the domestic and international financial sector
AFSA is recognised and respected for our role supporting the flow of capital into and through the Australian economy. We do this by managing Australia’s personal insolvency and personal property securities systems and services, in a way that promotes transparency and predictability of outcomes within the financial sector.
Reliable online and ICT systems underpin AFSA’s ability to deliver these services. We have been doing a good job so far, and recently was a finalist in the digital transformation category of the Institute of Public Administration Australia’s Public Sector Innovation Awards.
We are committed to improving our services even more. A strong disaster recovery capability and continuity of ICT systems is vital to ensuring confidence in and integrity of AFSA’s services now and in the future.
What we’re looking for
As the ICT Disaster Recovery Manager you will work proactively with your ICT colleagues and business stakeholders to understand requirements and continuously monitor business processes to determine impacts on ICT service continuity. Among your key responsibilities will be:
- leading development and delivery of an ICT disaster recovery strategy,
- development, maintenance and communication of disaster recovery plans and testing activities,
- provision of crisis management support, if/when required,
- coordination of disaster recovery education initiatives.
What you’ll need to succeed
In this role you will have:
- demonstrated experience in IT Service Continuity Service, Disaster Recovery or Business Continuity Planning,
- the ability to elicit technical and business requirements to develop and document systems recovery requirements,
- strong, engaging verbal and written communication skills, as well as proven stakeholder management experience.
Helping you balance work and personal life is important to us. We achieve this balance through our ‘Flexibility@Work’ program.
You will also enjoy excellent conditions including modern work environment, generous superannuation and a workplace committed to providing an environment that values diversity and supports staff to reach their full potential.
- Please note that this opportunity is open only to Australian Citizens
- The successful applicant must have, or be willing to undergo a security clearance to the level of Baseline vetting as a condition of employment
- To satisfy character requirements all AFSA employees must undergo a police records check
This opportunity is based in Canberra and relocation expenses will be negotiated with the successful applicant.
For more information and details on how to apply please follow the link to: https://www.afsa.gov.au/about/careers/current-vacancies
Applications close 22 January 2017
- Closing Date:
- 22 Jan 2017
- ACT - Canberra
- Work Type:
- Full Time