Change, Engagement & Communications Specialists - [Archived Advertisement]
First People Recruitment Solutions (View other jobs from this organisation)
CHANGE, ENGAGEMENT & COMMUNICATIONS SPECIALISTS
- EL1 Equivalent hourly rate contract, 12-months + possible 12-month extension
- Located in Canberra, ACT
- Baseline clearance required
About the Department
Our client, a federal department enables access to quality skills, training and employment to support Australians find secure work in fair, productive and safe workplaces - supporting individuals, businesses and our nation to prosper.
About the Division
DEWR is leading the development of a new vocational education and training (VET) data collection and reporting system under the National Skills Agreement (NSA). The VET Data Streamlining (VDS) program will transform the national VET data collection process to increase the timeliness and quality of data collection and use. DEWR is working with State and Territory governments and the National Centre for Vocational Education Research (NCVER) to deliver this initiative through several streams of work over the next few years. It is a large and complex program in terms of the stakeholders involved and change required across the sector.
- Deliver high quality strategies and detailed plans (change, communications, engagement) in conjunction with program partners and program team members.
- Work with other program areas to develop a deep understanding of what's changing, when and why, and be well-positioned to communicate this to the various stakeholders (internal and external)
- Develop and maintain effective relationships, work collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders?including governments and private businesses.
- Coordinate efforts with internal and external teams to support and evaluate stakeholder readiness for change.?
- Develop?a diverse range of communication materials?for multiple channels to help educate and support participating organisations?to transition to?new ways of working.?
- Contribute to various high-level reporting tasks for vds governance and executive briefing papers.
- Support data and ict technical areas to communicate clearly to their stakeholders.
- Support technical subject matter areas to understand the sector needs through the creation of qualitative and quantitative user research.
- Collaborating and working as part of a multi-disciplinary team to provide best practice change and engagement advice to the program.
- Support launches, presentations, displays, public relations events and other public affairs activities to promote the vds program, including development of workplans and leading and facilitating workshops.
We are seeking a contractor with the following skills and capability:
- Proven experience developing clear communications content for a diverse range of stakeholders using multiple channels.
- Demonstrated experience working on large-scale government ict and/or complex data system programs.
- Proven communication and stakeholder engagement skills (written and oral) and a demonstrated ability to build and sustain positive relationships with a diverse range of stakeholders.
- Excellent problem solving, and analytical thinking capability, including the ability to quickly adjust to changes in program priorities and direction.
How to Apply
Click APPLY or contact Marisa Conlon, Senior Consultant, Talent Acquisition at firstname.lastname@example.org for further information on the role.
Please submit applications in Word format only by 10am, Friday 23rd February 2024.
FIRST PEOPLE Recruitment Solutions is a 100% Indigenous owned agency providing contingent contracts, fixed term contracts and permanent recruitment solutions to Government and Corporate Australia.
Our Head Office is based in Canberra with a national reach to all the states and territories, regional and remote areas of Australia.
FIRST PEOPLE Recruitment Solutions encourage applications from Indigenous Australians and Non-Indigenous Australians together with people from culturally diverse backgrounds.
FIRST PEOPLE Recruitment Solutions acknowledges the traditional owners of country throughout Australia and recognizes their continuing connection to land, waters and community. We pay our respect to them and their cultures; and to elders both past, present and emerging.
- Closing Date:
- 23 Feb 2024
- ACT - Canberra
- Work Type:
Change Management/Organisational Development
- APS Classification:
- Executive Level 1