- Be a part of Australia's independent national broadcaster
- Convenient CBD location in the heart of Ultimo (near Central Station)
- Contract position for approximately 18 months
- From $93K + choice of 15.4% super
About the ABC
The ABC is the nation's most trusted and independent source of Australian conversations, culture, and stories. With over 4,000 employees from diverse backgrounds, located across over 50 locations around Australia and overseas, we are proud to create, curate and deliver high-quality programming that informs, educates and entertains Australian communities.
About ABC News
Come and join ABC News, the most respected name in news and current affairs and the nation's leading independent news service on television, radio, digital and social media. Our flagship brands and services include 7.30, Four Corners, Australian Story, AM, PM,
Specialist Reporting Team, ABC Investigations, Foreign Correspondent, ABC News on digital and social media and ABC news channels on radio and television.
About the Role
ABC News is looking for a Reporter, Science and Technology to join its Specialist Reporting Team. This is a fixed term contract of eighteen months, with a possibility of extension, with anticipated start date of February 2018.
Reporting to the Editor, Specialist Reporting Team, you will:
- Lead, generate, investigate and break national stories and coverage across all ABC Platforms in Science and Technology
- Research, write and present compelling and original stories for radio, TV and digital
- Present live reporter and participate in Q&As
You are an experienced Reporter with a keen interest in, and track record of reporting in science and technology, including scientific discovery and research, technological developments, environment policy and impacts on the community.
You will also be able to demonstrate the following;
- Highly developed editorial judgement
- Proven ability to break stories of a national level
- A sophisticated understanding of multi-media story telling techniques
- Awareness of audience, digital and social media trends and their influence on news consumption
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills, with the ability to provide context to complicated issues in a live environment
For an overview of the role, please refer to the position description: Specialist Reporter - Science and Technology - PD.docx
We would love to see your work! Please submit material with your application online (include examples, links to websites or attach audio/video files up to 5MB).
For more information on working at the ABC visit abc.net.au/careers
For further information contact Lisa Whitby, Editor, Specialist Reporting Team at email@example.com
Applications will not be accepted by email and must be uploaded via the online portal
Recruitment Agency applications will not be accepted
The ABC strives for equity and diversity in the workplace, and to promote a culture of opportunity. Through its services the ABC seeks to represent, connect and engage with all of the Australian community. In line with our focus on diversity, applications are strongly encouraged from Indigenous Australians, people from a range of cultural and linguistic backgrounds and people with disabilities. The ABC also aims to achieve a gender-balanced workforce.
Applications Close: 21 January 2018