- Are you interested in carrying out innovative, impactful research in cyber security?
- Do you have a PhD in computer science, mathematics, or information technology?
- Join CSIRO's Data61 - Australia's largest data innovation group
This is an exciting role that will help shape the effectiveness of the cyber security of critical infrastructure in Australia through applied research and development. The successful candidate will work closely with the research, industry and government participants in the Cyber Security CRC and DATA6 's Research in Distributed Systems Security.
In the role of research scientist in Cyber Security CRC, you will focus on a particular research theme of the CRC (See www.cscrc.org.au for further details).
- Privacy-Preserving and Topic-Driven Deceptive Documents
- ML-based Deceptive Network Traffic
- ML-based Deceptive/Plausible Users Data Artefacts
- ML-based Deceptive System Files
- ML-based Deceptive User Avatar
The successful candidate will collaborate in developing a stream of research and development that contributes to high quality journal articles acceptable to high impact journals and continually seek to develop skills, experience, and research impact, with the objective of becoming a leading expert in the field.
You will be expected to conduct research in the area of security automation, and application/software security, leading to reputed international publications such as IEEE S&P, ACM CCS, NDSS, Usenix Security, or similar conferences.
At CSIRO you can be part of helping to solve big, complex problems that make a real difference to our future. We spark off each other, learn from each other, trust each other and collaborate to achieve more than we could individually in a supportive, rewarding, inclusive and truly flexible environment.
Who we are
CSIRO’s Data61 business unit is the largest data innovation group in Australia, bringing together approximately 600 research and development staff working in digital technologies to create benefit for Australia. Data61 develops Australia's future leaders with its strong 300+ PhD student program in collaboration with our best universities across Australia.