- Are you a driven, energetic and skilled marketing communicator?
- Are you passionate about the importance of clear and effective communications?
- Do you have a wide variety of stakeholder, digital and writing skills?
Be part of a national team working to share some of the most significant science and innovation projects for Australia!
You’ll be part of the team responsible for the delivery of communications for CSIRO’s innovation and entrepreneurship program - ON. ON plays a big role in CSIRO’s future strategy to get innovative science into people’s hands faster and easier. No two days will be the same in this challenging but fun role.
You’ll be full of bright ideas and be ready and keen to get ‘stuck in’ to help make things happen. Flexibility, attention to detail and an ability to use a wide variety of your developing skills in website management, written communication and digital content creation are key. You will bring fresh approaches to communication tactics and ways of working for others.
You will develop your skills as part of the friendly and fast moving ON team; working with the ON Communications Manager, and internal communication and digital colleagues.
Key stakeholders will include CSIRO staff, agency members, universities, industry, government, media and the general public.
Your responsibilities will include:
- The delivery of various tactics and outcomes for the ON brand and communication strategy supporting the Communications Manager.
- Supporting the delivery of brand, marketing and communication solutions, helping drive CSIRO’s innovation and entrepreneurship credentials across multiple stakeholder groups and channels, including video and social media.
- Deliver effective communication outcomes using sound judgment and applying contemporary communication skills.
Location: Brisbane, QLD (preferred) or Newcastle, NSW
Salary: AU $59k to AU $75k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: 12 months
To be successful you will need:
- A certificate or tertiary qualification in a relevant area, such as communication, public relations, journalism, marketing and/or relevant work experience.
- Ability to adapt to changing circumstances and operate well in situations that lack clarity in order to achieve team objectives.
- Initiative and flexibility to contribute to a variety of communication specialisations and across several areas within the wider communications function.
- Demonstrated skills in solid writing for the web, social and digital channels. Video editing desirable.
- Maintain and support effective stakeholder relationships across industry, government, agency and within CSIRO to deliver effective service and fulfil communication goals.
- Demonstrate initiative as a member of a highly distributed, agile and responsive team to deliver quality outcomes with autonomy.
- Strive for “Zero Harm” (physical and psychological) - promote a strong safety culture.
- Communicate effectively and respectfully with all staff, clients and suppliers in the interests of good business practice, collaboration and enhancement of CSIRO’s reputation.
Who we are:
The Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO)
How to Apply:
Please upload one document only containing both your CV/Resume and cover letter providing enough information relevant to this position to enable the selection panel to determine your suitability. If your application proceeds to the next stage you may be asked to provide additional information.
Before you apply, please view the full position details and selection criteria here: Position Details
Applications Close: 11:59 PM AEST, Sunday 23rd of July 2017
Please note applications will be shortlisted as received and interviews held immediately, apply today as we reserve the right to withdraw this advertisement should the position be filled before the closing date.