- Exciting opportunity in the area of Computer Vision
- Work with technology with real-world potential
- Join CSIRO Data61 - Australia's largest data innovation group
In this role you will be working in Computer Vision, which includes developing new theory and algorithms addressing ‘hot’ topics in the area. Specifically you will work with exciting technologies that can potentially be deployed in real-world systems, such as autonomous vehicles, robotics, and surveillance systems. The Senior Research Scientist will write research papers and corresponding code demonstrating the results. This will also include working with Research Engineers to produce working demonstrators.
You will be an integral part of the team collaborating with Researchers, Research Engineers and Students. The role will offer you the opportunity to learn from others, as well as share your own knowledge. This is a senior role and it is expected you will support and assist others in the team, and can step up to assist in managing the team when necessary.
To view the full position description and selection criteria for this role please click here: Position details document
Location: Black Mountain, ACT
Salary: AU $109K - AU $128K plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified Term of 2 years
Ref No.: 46002
To be successful you will need:
- A doctorate in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering or equivalent, with research experience in the area of Computer Vision.
- Significant experience in the area of Deep Learning, both practical and theoretical, as applied to the area of Computer Vision.
- Experience in supervising PhD students.
- The ability to work effectively as a member or leader of a multi-disciplinary, regionally dispersed research team, and carry out independent individual research, to achieve organisational goals.
- A significant record of science innovation and creativity plus the ability to apply well developed research skills to scientific investigations.
AT CSIRO WE DO THE EXTRAORDINARY EVERY DAY
We innovate for tomorrow and help improve today – for our customers, all Australians and the world.
We imagine. We collaborate. We innovate.
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Find out more! CSIRO Balance
How to apply:
To apply for this position you will be required to submit your resume and cover letter, as one document, highlighting your experience as relevant to the role requirements.
Applications close: 11:59pm AEST on Wednesday 20th September 2017.