- Experienced in planning & organising complex marine research?
- Add value through efficient and effective operations support
- Join CSIRO & support our National Collections & Marine Infrastructure team
CSIRO’s Marine National Facility (MNF) is seeking to appoint an experienced and motivated Administrative Support Officer. You as the successful candidate will work as part of the Ships Management Group in the Operations team to support the operational requirements of managing multi-disciplinary blue-water research voyages on RV Investigator.
You will work collaboratively with the Ships Management Group, research vessel users and the ship management contractor with an emphasis on voyage documentation and the provision of administrative support more generally.
Your duties/responsibilities will include:
- Working collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders.
- Provision of high level administrative support to the MNF Operations Teams to assist the delivery of voyages on Investigator.
- Be able to provide backup to operations team in respect to voyage planning where required.
Location: Hobart TAS
Salary: AU$61K - $78K plus up to 15.4% superannuation
To be successful you will need:
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge in planning and organising complex marine research voyages and a willingness to
- The ability to obtain a Maritime Security Identification Card.
- Strong administrative skills including proficiency in computer software systems, including the MS Office suite of services, MS Project and SharePoint.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate in a dynamic team environment, to coordinate provision of the logistical, operational and technical requirements necessary to support research voyage operations.
Before you apply please view the full position description and selection criteria here: Position Details Document
Who we are: The Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO)
At CSIRO, we do the extraordinary every day. We innovate for tomorrow and help improve today – for our customers, all Australians and the world. We imagine. We collaborate. We innovate.
CSIRO’s National Collections and Marine Infrastructure (NCMI) manages collections of plants and animals of Australian and International significance, and operate the Marine National Facility (MNF) on behalf of Australia.
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Find out more! CSIRO Balance
How to Apply: If you wish to apply for this position, please load your CV (Maximum 2MB) via our website at https://jobs.csiro.au/. You may also be required to respond to some screening questions. Where text responses are required, to avoid being timed out of the system we recommend that you prepare your responses off line and paste them into the appropriate spot prior to submitting your application.
Applications Close: 11:59pm AEST, Tuesday 24 October 2017