- Contribute to vital research aimed at reducing the spread of infectious diseases
- Structured training program with excellent career development opportunities
- Make a difference at CSIRO – Australian Science, Australia’s Future!
CSIRO Postdoctoral Fellowships help facilitate the recruitment and development of our potential leaders. They provide valuable opportunities for scientists and engineers to launch their careers, extend professional networks and enhance future career prospects.
As a Postdoctoral Fellow with CSIRO Health and Biosecurity, you will join a research team developing novel assays for the early detection of infectious diseases, both in humans and animals. A key focus of the project will be to define the nature of early microRNA activities in diseases, assessing their applicability to reveal details of host immune responses to diseases and disease pathogenesis. Your research will include three major objectives:
a) To define the host microRNA responses to diseases.
b) To develop readouts for microRNA expression profiles.
c) To define the function of microRNAs during disease.
For more specific information on the project, click on the ‘Position Details’ link below.
Location: CSIRO Australian Animal Health Laboratory (AAHL), Geelong, Victoria, Australia
Salary: AU $83K to AU $91K plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified term of 2 years and 4 months
Job reference: 52122
As a minimum requirement, you will hold a doctorate (or will shortly satisfy the requirements of a PhD) in a relevant discipline area, such as molecular biology, genetics, microbiology or immunology. You will also have:
• A track record in molecular biology, genetics, virology or immunology.
• The ability to analyse information, make independent, correct and timely decisions.
• The ability to set and achieve project goals and contribute to the development of collaborations.
• Previous involvement in multi-party collaborations where successful partnerships and/or outcomes have resulted.
• Excellent communication skills as evidenced by scientific papers in peer-reviewed international journals and conference presentations.
To see all the criteria required for success in this role, click on the ‘Position Details’ link below. Apply today!
To be eligible for this postdoctoral fellowship, you must have less than 3 years of relevant research experience since gaining your PhD.
We imagine. We collaborate. We innovate. At CSIRO, we do the extraordinary every day. We innovate for tomorrow and help improve today – for our customers, all Australians and the world. We do this by using science and technology to solve real issues. Diversity is the compass that navigates our innovation. We provide an inclusive workplace that respects, values and actively pursues the benefits of a diverse workforce.
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Find out more Balance
How to apply: Please load your CV and a brief cover letter outlining your interest in the role and your motivations for applying (Maximum 2MB). At the end of the online application process, you will also be required to respond to some screening questions.
Applications close: Wednesday 6 December, 2017 (11:59pm AEDT)
We reserve the right to withdraw this ad prior to the closing date.