- Do you want to drive an open source community for a cutting edge data visualisation platform?
- Push the boundaries of network visualization by developing novel algorithms
- Work within an exceptional research and development environment and join CSIRO’s Data61, the largest data innovation group in Australia
CSIRO’s Data61 is seeking to appoint a Data Visualisation Software Engineer for the Data Science Platforms team.
In this position you will be the primary developer on an open source graph visualisation platform written in Java. You will have the freedom to extend this software into new areas by developing novel network visualisation algorithms, and experimenting with GPUs, distributed computing and machine learning.
In this role you will be encouraged to experiment with new technologies, learning new techniques and skills, and apply them to your work.
Your duties/responsibilities will include:
- Building software systems and algorithms for network data visualisation in Java.
- Contributing to an open source software project with real impact.
- Collaborating with UX and UI teams on visualisation techniques.
- Collaborating with visualisation research and engineering teams with GPU technologies
Location: Eveleigh NSW or Canberra ACT
Salary: $95K - $103K plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified term of 3 years
To be successful you will need:
- Degree in an engineering discipline such as Computer Science or equivalent commercial experience in software engineering.
- Experience developing software in Java
- Knowledge of data structures and algorithms
Before you apply please view the full position description and selection criteria here: Position description
Who we are: The Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO)
CSIRO’s Data61 business unit is the largest data innovation group in Australia, bringing together approximately 600 research and development staff working in digital technologies to create benefit for Australia. Data61 develops Australia's future leaders with its strong 300+ PhD student program in collaboration with our best universities across Australia.
Our Commitment to you:
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. We emphasise an individual’s growth and development which is supported by interacting and learning from world leading scientists and engineers, who provide the opportunity to challenge, transform and innovate new ideas. CSIRO’s Data61 is committed to sourcing the brightest and best talent to become part of the Data61 family, and contribute to creating Australia’s data driven future.
We imagine. We collaborate. We innovate. At CSIRO, we do the extraordinary every day. We innovate for tomorrow and help improve today – for our customers, all Australians and the world. We do this by using science and technology to solve real issues. Diversity is the compass that navigates our innovation. We provide an inclusive workplace that respects, values and actively pursues the benefits of a diverse workforce.
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Find out more Balance
How to Apply: If you wish to apply for this position, please load your CV (Maximum 2MB) via our website at https://jobs.csiro.au/. You may also be required to respond to some screening questions.
Applications Close: 11:59pm AEST, Sunday 10 December 2017