- Do you want an opportunity to work in Washington, DC representing CSIRO?
- Can you communicate to Government and business, the opportunities created by CSIRO innovations, technologies and capabilities?
- Join CSIRO and work in the Australian Embassy in Washington, DC to help build our relationships in the USA!
Reporting to the Executive Vice President, CSIRO USA this role is based in the Australian Embassy located in Washington DC, United States, responsible for representing CSIRO, building relationships with the US Government to advance the goals of CSIRO as well as building the CSIRO US business footprint in Washington DC and adjacent areas.
The successful applicant will provide strategic support for specific CSIRO priorities, raising awareness of CSIRO and leading to a pipeline of qualified opportunities for CSIRO, shaping opportunities and forming early stage relationships, facilitating and supporting the direct engagement of CSIRO leaders, arranging delegations of US companies to visit CSIRO Australia.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Working with Embassy agencies, particularly Department of Industry Innovation and Science, Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade, Austrade, Department of Agriculture and Water, to develop a collaborative approach which will support an engagement program to showcase CSIRO and generate new opportunities for impact, and collaboration.
- On behalf of CSIRO, build relationships with the US Government and other quasi government and development agencies to enhance the credibility of CSIRO; fulfil objectives that further CSIRO’s interests in the US.
- Establish and deepen strategic relationships with the intention of attracting multilateral agency, development banks and US Government grants to provide scientific and/or business opportunities for CSIRO.
- In alignment with the business strategy for the US and as a member of the CSIRO US Team, networking and forming early stage relationships across the region, building and shaping opportunities for CSIRO, and facilitating and supporting the engagement of CSIRO researchers.
- Within the remit of Embassy requirements and expectations, facilitate the commercialisation of CSIRO technologies through networks arranging contacts for Australian-based companies to grow into the US market.
Location: Washington DC, USA
Salary: AU$131K to AU$145K plus up to 15.4% superannuation and International Assignment Allowances
Tenure: Specified Term, 3 years
To be successful you will need:
- A tertiary qualification in either Science and/or Business or equivalent, relevant experience
- A minimum of 10 years of work experience in a relevant field
- Australian citizen who holds, or has the ability to obtain, an Australian Government security clearance, NV2.
- Extensive experience in, and deep knowledge of, Australian Government including CSIRO, with a history of building and sensitively developing and managing relationships on behalf of the Australian Government.
- Experience in navigating through, and with, large, complex organisations and bureaucracies, overcoming barriers and roadblocks to build awareness and strategic engagement. Leveraging these relationships to identify potential opportunities.
- The ability to establish and develop strong stakeholder relationships, utilising influencing skills to gain support for new initiatives both within and outside an organisation.
- Expertise and experience in defining and executing successful market entries and building productive long term customer and partner relationships in the US market.
To view the full position description and selection criteria for this role please click here: Position description
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Find out more here! Balance
We imagine. We collaborate. We innovate. At CSIRO, we do the extraordinary every day. We innovate for tomorrow and help improve today – for our customers, all Australians and the world. We do this by using science and technology to solve real issues. Diversity is the compass that navigates our innovation. We provide an inclusive workplace that respects, values and actively pursues the benefits of a diverse workforce.
How to Apply: Please apply for this position online at https://jobs.csiro.au/ and enter requisition number 40281. You will be required to upload one document only containing both your CV/Resume and cover letter, outlining your motivation and suitability for the role.
Applications Close: 11:59pm AEST, Tuesday 9th of January 2018