- Kick-start your career in a professional and supportive leading scientific agency
- Maintain long-term plant tissue cultures & support the plant transformation team
- Join CSIRO – Australia’s premier science & technology research organisation
We are seeking an enthusiastic person to support our grapevine tissue culture team, which collaborates with several labs dedicated to breeding better grapevines and rootstocks.
This position could be either part time or full time. Hours will be discussed and decided upon with the successful candidate.
You as the successful candidate will work with aseptic techniques required to maintain long-term plant tissue cultures. An ability to conduct tissue culture in a laminar flow unit for up to 6 hours a day is essential.
Your duties/responsibilities will include:
- Selection and subculturing of transformed grapevine callus and embryos.
- Routine subculturing of grapevine plants and callus.
- Making up solutions and media accurately.
Location: Adelaide SA
Salary: $45K - $59K plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified term of 3 years
To be successful you will need:
- Relevant Certificate/ Diploma in Horticulture/Plant biology or equivalent experience.
- Demonstrated ability to carry out tissue culture transfers while maintaining sterile conditions.
- Ability to use stereomicroscopy for selection of fine callus and small embryos.
Before you apply please view the full position description and selection criteria here: Position description
Who we are: The Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO)
CSIRO Agriculture and Food carries out research and development for new agricultural technologies, value added foods, crop and livestock improvement, aquaculture, farming systems, sustainability and advancement of international agriculture.
We imagine. We collaborate. We innovate. At CSIRO, we do the extraordinary every day. We innovate for tomorrow and help improve today – for our customers, all Australians and the world. We do this by using science and technology to solve real issues. Diversity is the compass that navigates our innovation. We provide an inclusive workplace that respects, values and actively pursues the benefits of a diverse workforce.
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Find out more Balance
How to Apply: If you wish to apply for this position, please load your CV (Maximum 2MB) via our website at https://jobs.csiro.au/. You may also be required to respond to some screening questions.
Applications Close: 11:59pm AEST, Sunday 25 February 2018