Animal Technician - AAHL Small Animal Facility (Part Time)
- Excellent opportunity to work in a leading scientific institution with dedicated professionals
- Does working with various small animals to support cutting-edge research appeal?
- Join the team at CSIRO Australian Animal Health Laboratory (AAHL)
CSIRO Australian Animal Health Laboratory is seeking to appoint an Animal Technician to provide animal husbandry to a range of animal species in our Small Animal Facility (SAF) located at Geelong.
To be successful you will need good communication and team skills. You must be able to demonstrate a genuine interest in providing quality care for all animals in your care.
Applicants must be willing and able to adhere to CSIRO AAHL microbiological security requirements and HSE policies.
Find out more by viewing the full position description and selection criteria here: Position description
Your duties/responsibilities will include:
- Provide a safe and productive work environment free from harassment and discrimination.
- Compliance with Animal Ethics and Welfare guidelines and regulations, by adhering to the code of practice, procedure and policies at all times.
- Assist with veterinary and animal procedures as required.
- Follow the SOP’s that exist for the treatment and handling of laboratory waste from within the SAF including autoclaving.
Location: Geelong VIC
Salary: $45K - $59K plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified term of 2 years
To be successful you will need:
- Certificate IV in Animal Studies or relevant experience in a similar animal research environment or farm.
- Animal husbandry experience working in an animal facility or farm.
- Demonstrated performance as a supportive and influential team member, including the demonstrated ability to perform routine and non-routine tasks.
We imagine. We collaborate. We innovate.
At CSIRO, we do the extraordinary every day. We innovate for tomorrow and help improve today – for our customers, all Australians and the world. We do this by using science and technology to solve real issues. Diversity is the compass that navigates our innovation. We provide an inclusive workplace that respects, values and actively pursues the benefits of a diverse workforce.
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Find out more Balance
How to Apply: If you wish to apply for this position, please load your CV and cover letter (Maximum 2MB) via our website at https://jobs.csiro.au/. You may also be required to respond to some screening questions.
Applications Close: 11:59pm AEST, Tuesday 12 June 2018