- Support the operations of the Pawsey Supercomputing Centre
- Two positions available
- Part-time and job share encouraged
The Pawsey Supercomputing Centre (Pawsey) is looking to fill two positions in their Pawsey Centre Operations team.
The Pawsey Supercomputing Centre (Pawsey) is a significant investment by the Australian Government in the National Research Infrastructure program, to develop a supercomputing and data intensive science capability for general science and with a particular focus on support for radio astronomy and the Square Kilometre Array precursor telescopes.
As the successful applicant, you will be responsible for providing effective and timely IT support to Pawsey staff and clients. In the role of Service Desk Officer, you will be the first point of contact for Pawsey’s clients and will be responsible for logging and managing tickets, providing telephone support if required, ticket resolution, and escalation to second and third level support for resolution where necessary.
In addition to outstanding organisational, interpersonal, and communication skills, the successful applicant will demonstrate excellent customer service ethic, IT knowledge and skills, and the ability to provide an effective and efficient response to incidents and requests.
These roles are open to the implementation of flexible work practices, as such, applicants requiring part-time or job share arrangements are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please note: This is a security assessed position. Applicants must be an Australian citizen, with successful candidates either holding or having the ability to obtain a Baseline Australian Government security clearance or undergo other employment suitability checks.
Find out more by viewing the full position description and selection criteria here: Position description
Your duties/responsibilities will include:
- Triage incoming incidents and requests via the Service Desk toolset.
- Resolve issues for systems within departmental scope.
- Allocate more complex issues to appropriate resources for resolution.
- Follow up on solutions implemented by other staff and contribute to documentation of these solutions for future use by other staff.
- Investigate technical issues and propose/develop/adapt/test & implement solutions where approved by senior staff.
- Operate the Service Desk tool to log incidents, problems or changes and to capture a full history of solutions or workarounds.
- Adhere to required Service Desk Ticket management KPI’s.
- Contribute to the knowledgebase of technical solutions.
- Liaise with technical teams in the development and deployment of technical solutions to problems, or pro-active improvements.
- Contribute to the generation of regular reports to demonstrate service effectiveness, including the maintenance of high-quality data for analysis.
Location: Kensington, WA
Salary: $46K - $59K plus up to 15.4% superannuation
To be successful you will need:
- Possession of, in the process of obtaining, or a capability to obtain one of the following, specialising in any area of IT: Trades Certificate, Assoc Diploma, Diploma, Degree; or a professional certification in a contemporary helpdesk or service desk management methodology (e.g. ITIL/CoBIT).
- A demonstrated understanding of, and recent experience with, supporting IT services and/or systems/server administration.
- A strong service delivery focus, including excellent oral and written communication skills.
- A proven track record as a team player showing initiative, self-motivation, plus an ability and willingness to follow defined procedures accurately and consistently.
- Experience with the management of Windows or Linux PCs or servers in a networked environment.
- Demonstrated experience working in a technical support role or on a technical service desk, including experience of:
- Job/incident logging and management
- Maintenance/support responsibilities for technical systems
- Capability to work effectively as part of a multi-disciplinary, regionally dispersed research team, and carry out tasks under the direction of Senior Technical Staff.
- The ability & willingness to contribute novel ideas and approaches in support of technical solutions and Service Desk responsibilities.
We imagine. We collaborate. We innovate. At Pawsey/CSIRO, we do the extraordinary every day. We innovate for tomorrow and help improve today – for our customers, all Australians and the world. We do this by using science and technology to solve real issues. Diversity is the compass that navigates our innovation. We provide an inclusive workplace that respects, values and actively pursues the benefits of a diverse workforce.
We work flexibly at Pawsey/CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Find out more Balance
How to Apply: To apply, please provide a CV as well as a cover letter addressing the selection criteria in brief, and upload these as one document. If your application proceeds to the next stage you may be asked to provide additional information.
Applications Close: 11:59pm AEST, Tuesday, 17th July 2018