- Are you experienced in food process engineering?
- Work with a diverse team of scientific staff with expertise in breakthrough bioprocessing
- Join CSIRO – Australia’s premier science & technology research organisation
CSIRO is seeking to appoint a motivated, flexible and adaptable person to support the development of technology to add-value to the Australian agriculture and food industry. The successful applicant will work as part of a team in research activities at laboratory, pilot or industrial scale for the Food Innovation Centre located in the Werribee suburb of Melbourne in Victoria. This will include involvement in the development and testing of extraction, separation and biomaterial transformation processes.
The new role will also involve operating pilot scale unit operations such as separation technologies including process chromatography and membrane systems, different drying systems, extrusion, fermentation, and megasonics, and be a resource for CSIRO’s Food Program.
Find out more by viewing the full position description and selection criteria here: Position description
Your duties/responsibilities will include:
- Under the broad direction of research scientists/engineers, take responsibility for detailed planning, scheduling, and conducting experimental and observational work.
- Actively participate in the development food processing technologies at laboratory scale and scale up trials including industrial trials.
- Adapt and/or develop experimental methods, protocols, equipment, and food processing technologies to support research to impact the Australian food industry.
- Make contribution to interpreting, reporting and communicating research results to industry and the scientific community.
Location: Werribee, VIC
Salary: $61K - $78K plus up to 15.4% superannuation
To be successful you will need:
- Relevant Bachelors/Master’s Degree or equivalent experience in Food or Chemical Engineering or Food Technology.
- Proven knowledge of experimental design and methodology.
- Well-developed skills for the collection, interpreting and reporting of data using standard or advanced computer packages.
- Previous exposure to food processing equipment and environments.
- Current Australian driver’s licence.
We imagine. We collaborate. We innovate.
At CSIRO, we do the extraordinary every day. We innovate for tomorrow and help improve today – for our customers, all Australians and the world. We do this by using science and technology to solve real issues. Diversity is the compass that navigates our innovation. We provide an inclusive workplace that respects, values and actively pursues the benefits of a diverse workforce.
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Find out more Balance
How to Apply: If you wish to apply for this position, please provide a CV and a cover letter addressing the selection criteria in brief, and upload these as one document (Maximum 2MB) via our website at https://jobs.csiro.au/. You may be required to respond to some screening questions.
Applications Close: 11:59pm AEST, 31 Jul 2018