- Do you have a passion for data science and software engineering?
- Provide support for data integration to Australian Govt. Departments
- Join CSIRO's Data61 - Australia's largest data innovation group
CSIRO’s Data61 is seeking to appoint a senior research scientist to work within their Data-Driven Enterprises Group in the Analytics Program.
You as the successful candidate will liaise and work with government departments and agencies to improve the integration of their datasets for better decision making.
Find out more by viewing the full position description and selection criteria here: Position description
Your duties/responsibilities will include:
- Provide data science and software engineering support to the group.
- Provide support, advice and recommendations for the data integration efforts of Australian Government departments and agencies.
Location: Canberra ACT
Salary: $109K - $128K plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified term of 3 years
To be successful you will need:
- A doctorate or equivalent research experience in a relevant discipline area, such as statistics.
- Experience in the analysis and design of complex surveys and administrative data.
- Significant experience in data integration of complex datasets.
CSIRO’s Data61 business unit is the largest data innovation group in Australia, bringing together approximately 600 research and development staff working in digital technologies to create benefit for Australia. Data61 develops Australia's future leaders with its strong 300+ PhD student program in collaboration with our best universities across Australia.
We imagine. We collaborate. We innovate.
At CSIRO, we do the extraordinary every day. We innovate for tomorrow and help improve today – for our customers, all Australians and the world. We do this by using science and technology to solve real issues. Diversity is the compass that navigates our innovation. We provide an inclusive workplace that respects, values and actively pursues the benefits of a diverse workforce.
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Find out more Balance
How to Apply: To apply, please provide a CV as well as a cover letter addressing the selection criteria in brief, and upload these as one document. If your application proceeds to the next stage you may be asked to provide additional information.
Applications Close: 11:59pm AEST, Sunday 12 August 2018