- Contribute to high-impact research modelling test standards for open banking.
- Be part of a world-leading team of dedicated professionals.
- Join Data61's Consumer Data Standards Team.
Data61 has been appointed Data Standards Body by the Australian Government to deliver open technical standards that empower Australian consumers to share their data simply and safely with organisations of their choosing, starting in the banking sector. As part of the newly formed Consumer Data Standards team developing and helping organisations to implement open standards, you will work with the Standards and Information Security Leads to design, document and test the standards developed.
As API Architect, you will model and test standards being developed for open banking APIs, working within the criteria set by the Australian Government in its response to the Open Banking Review. As work on API specifications matures, you will manage the development of a sandbox and reference implementations as required, for banking entities and fintechs to test and implement the open banking APIs.
You will participate in working groups developing the open banking standards, ensuring standards being developed reflect web-based API best practice. You will identify and manage additional technical requirements to support the development of open banking APIs as they arise. Working quickly and collaboratively with a range of stakeholders of varying levels of technical capabilities, you will also help develop usable, useful open banking standards.
More specifically you will:
- Collaborate with the Standards and Information Security Leads designing, documenting and testing APIs for open banking.
- Manage infrastructure and applications to support organisations testing and implementing open banking APIs
- Help to refine API specifications, guidance and associated documentation as required
- Participate in working groups to ensure that standards being developed meet best practice for entities looking to integrate open banking APIs into their services.
Location: Sydney NSW, Melbourne Vic, Canberra ACT
Salary: Attractive remuneration package is negotiable
Tenure: Specified term of 2 years
Job reference: 58130
To be successful you will need:
- Demonstrated experience working as an API architect, senior full-stack developer, or equivalent relevant computer engineering experience.
- Strong written and oral communication skills including the ability to communicate with a range of stakeholders, and to explain technical challenges to non-technical audiences.
- Experience leading group-based projects with diverse stakeholders, working towards a common goal.
- Demonstrated experience designing and implementing RESTful API standards, with particular focus on APIs requiring user authentication/authorisation.
- Experience mapping policy requirements to technical specifications, managing user expectations while delivering workable technical solutions.
- A track record establishing and maintaining cross-industry partnerships to achieve tangible results.
Before you apply please view the full position details and selection criteria here: Position description document
The Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO)
We imagine. We collaborate. We innovate. At CSIRO, we do the extraordinary every day. We innovate for tomorrow and help improve today – for our customers, all Australians and the world. We do this by using science and technology to solve real issues. Diversity is the compass that navigates our innovation. We provide an inclusive workplace that respects, values and actively pursues the benefits of a diverse workforce.
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you.
Find out more here! Balance
About CSIRO’s Data61 business unit is the largest data innovation group in Australia, bringing together approximately 600 research and development staff working in digital technologies to create benefit for Australia. Data61 develops Australia's future leaders with its strong 300+ PhD student program in collaboration with our best universities across Australia.
How to apply: If you wish to apply for this position, please upload 1 document only containing your cover letter and resume that best demonstrates your ability to meet the requirements of the role.
Applications close: 11:59pm AEST, 26 August 2018