- Can you transform talent and succession practice in a complex environment?
- Identify and prototype future capabilities and roles to support CSIRO’s rolling strategy
- Join CSIRO people team and support us to realise our cultural and strategic aspirations
The Talent Manager is a newly created role that will join the People team’s Specialist and HR Business Partners in achieving a step change in CSIRO’s talent and succession management. The Talent Manager will work collaboratively to implement an integrated approach to succession planning for the whole of CSIRO.
We consider our approach to talent and succession to be a potential differentiator of organisational performance which will support us to realise our cultural and strategic aspirations including “people first”. In this role you will enhance our talent and succession approach and coordinate the implementation of this across our lines of business. You will partner with other specialists such as Recruitment, Learning & Development and HR Business Partners to ensure an integrated approach.
Duties and Key Result Areas:
- Support a step change in our talent and succession planning practices by working with and through others to implement and integrated approach to ensure an agile succession pool for a variety of future workforce requirement
- Use CSIRO leader model to seek to diversify our talent pool and ensure earlier identification/support of potential future leaders
- Collaborate with specialists across the People Function to ensure our talent and succession approach is refined and deployed across our lines of business
- Support our leaders and Business Partners with specialist advice and education, resource materials and systems across a range of succession and talent management issues. Influence key decision makers in regard to our approach, risks and issues.
- Deploy skills in systems thinking, change management and project management to deliver a comprehensive program of work.
- Promote and adhere to the spirit and practice of CSIRO’s Values, Health, Safety and Environment plans and policies, Diversity initiatives and Zero Harm goals.
Salary: AU$111K to AU$131K plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: 3 Years Term
Ref no: 58756
To be considered you will have:
- Tertiary qualifications in human resource management, organisational development or business management (or an equivalent e.g. AHRI Certification) OR extensive knowledge of and experience within a human resources environment.
- A successful track record of engaging effectively with diverse stakeholder groups, excellent written and oral communication skills, and the capacity to identify and influence critical stakeholders to gain support for new approaches/ideas.
- Evidence of leadership in developing and implementing strategic talent and succession management approaches and systems within a complex multi-business organisation.
- Ability to influence, advise, support and collaborate with a range of stakeholders including senior business leaders, human resources and organisational development specialists and practitioners on a range of succession and talent approaches and processes.
- Experience in supporting and contributing to dispersed leadership teams and a track record of success implementing new approaches and systems that support the organisation’s strategy.
- Ability to problem-solve, work effectively with ambiguity, utilise sound research and evaluation techniques, and deliver timely and high quality work.
- Ability to use data and analytics to promote and influence best practice and to provide information to influence key decision makers.
Before applying please view the full position details and selection criteria here: Position Description
At CSIRO, we do the extraordinary every day. We innovate for tomorrow and help improve today – for our customers, all Australians and the world. We do this by using science and technology to solve real issues. Diversity is the compass that navigates our innovation. We provide an inclusive workplace that respects, values and actively pursues the benefits of a diverse workforce.
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Find out more Balance
CSIRO People provides support and leadership on people issues to leaders and staff across CSIRO. Our goal is to develop high performing teams working across boundaries.
We imagine. We collaborate. We innovate.
How to apply: Please load one document containing both your CV and a brief cover letter which outlines your experience as relevant to the role and your motivations for applying (Maximum 2MB).
Applications Close: Thursday 18 October, 2018