- Are you an experienced and motivated Finance Advisor looking for a new challenge?
- Be the Key Financial Management Provider to CSIRO Programs
- Join CSIRO Finance and work closely with Management in a supportive team!
CSIRO is seeking to appoint an experienced Finance and Project Advisor to provide key Financial Management advice to one or more programs. In this dynamic role, you will be accountable for all aspects of the Financial Management service catalogue that is relevant to a Program. Working closely with the Business Unit (BU) level Financial Management and relevant Corporate Financial Management roles, you will ensure accurate and compliant financial records for the Program.
Your duties will include
- Ensuring accurate and compliant financial records for the Program.
- Assisting colleagues with the budget process, identification of financial risks and remediation options.
- Ensuring all relevant deadlines are met for the Program in relation to Financial Management deliverables.
- Monitoring and reviewing Program revenue forecasts and project progress against revenue recognition drivers, including monitor/manage WIP/DR balances.
- Monitoring the Program Budget against the opportunities and project plans.
Location: Negotiable - Perth (Crawley) WA, Brisbane (Dutton Park) QLD, Canberra, ACT or Hobart, TAS
Salary: AU$82k - AU$93k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
To be successful you will need
- A tertiary qualification in accounting or finance or relevant work experience in a financial environment.
- Knowledge and experience in project and/or management accounting and reporting as well as proficiency in MS Office programs.
- The ability to ensure data integrity through demonstrated attention to detail and quality data input, including proactive problem identification and appropriate responses to resolve issues.
- A history of fostering open communication and strong collaboration to promote ongoing knowledge transfer within and across teams coupled with the ability to support and coach key stakeholders.
- The ability to contribute to several teams, manage multiple priorities and support various staff needs.
- To consent to a national police check if your application is successful.
For details about who to contact and for more information please view the Position Description
We’re working hard to recruit diverse people and ensure all our people feel supported to do their best work and empowered to let their ideas flourish.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
At CSIRO you can be part of helping to solve big, complex problems that make a real difference to our future. We spark off each other, learn from each other, trust each other and collaborate to achieve more than we could individually in a supportive, rewarding, inclusive and truly flexible environment.
To apply online, please provide a CV and cover letter outlining your suitability and motivation for the role.
Applications Close: Sunday 4th November 2018