- Join CSIRO - Australia's Premier Science and Technology Research Organisation
- Develop Java-Based Full-Stack Web Applications
- Flexible Working Conditions
CSIRO Astronomy and Space Science (CASS) is looking for a full-stack software developer to develop and maintain its Java-based web applications for the operation of their radio telescopes. The successful candidate will follow-up on the requirements and feedback from various users to ensure their user interfaces remain relevant and adaptable to a vibrant environment, which will help to enable scientific research from around the world.
Your duties will include:
- Maintaining and developing the ASKAP Observation Management Portal (OMP), a java-based web application.
- Interacting with users on requirements and feedback to keep the user interfaces relevant and adaptable to a dynamic environment.
- Developing new monitoring and controlling interfaces for engineering, based on modern web technologies.
- Maintaining and developing the CASS induction web applications.
Location: Marsfield, NSW or Kensington, WA
Salary: AU$97K - AU$105K plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified term of 2 years
To be successful you will need:
- A relevant Bachelors/Masters degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science
- Demonstrated experience developing Java-based web applications.
- Experience with continuous integration and supporting tools (e.g. Jenkins, Git).
- Proven experience developing and deploying applications on Linux-based systems.
For details about who to contact and for more information please view the Position Description
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
At CSIRO you can be part of helping to solve big, complex problems that make a real difference to our future. We spark off each other, learn from each other, trust each other and collaborate to achieve more than we could individually in a supportive, rewarding, inclusive and truly flexible environment.
To apply online, please provide a CV and letter outlining your suitability and motivation for the role.
11:59 AEDT 4 November 2018