- Do you have a strong track record of translating market needs into real solutions?
- Are you passionate about understanding users?
- Draw on your deep knowledge of the technology sector to achieve high-impact outcomes
Future Science Platforms (FSPs) are a major new CSIRO initiative. FSPs are multi-year investments in frontier science that will reinvent and create new industries for Australia. Digiscape is the FSP that is creating next-generation decision tools to transform the agriculture and land management sector.
As a Product Manager representing CSIRO Agriculture and Food, you will make use of your broad range of skills, tech/domain knowledge and networks to develop relevant product strategies and roadmaps. In line with Digiscape’s aim of achieving a range of commercial, environmental and social outcomes, you will apply these strategies to a set of land-sector decision tools and for selected information technologies that underpin them.
You will work closely with R&D teams through the product lifecycle, including early stage prototypes, MVPs or achieving any other outcomes that support Digiscape’s outcome strategy. In order to develop and maintain mature products, you will also build strong relationships with BD&C specialists to aid in the development of key partnerships with other organisations. You will nurture a good working relationship with your colleagues on the BD&C team, with the leader of the Digiscape FSP, and with relevant teams within CSIRO Agriculture and Food, and Data61. Your ability to influence teams and build strong relationships with a wide range of collaborators and partners, will be critical to your success in this role.
Your duties will include
- Building trust-based relationships with stakeholders and encouraging cross-project business collaboration.
- Undertaking market and competitor reviews in areas of strategic importance.
- Undertaking primary customer research, articulating customer problems and preparing market and product requirement documents.
- Championing product management capability across CSIRO, including support to research teams around methodologies and approaches.
- Implementing roadmaps underpinning current and future product development.
- Working with development and research teams during design/build phases of products.
Location: Canberra (preferred), Brisbane, Melbourne
Salary: A competitive salary arrangement will be offered including up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Approximate term of 2 years 4 months (ending 30 June 2021)
Reference No.: 59524
To be considered you will hold relevant tertiary qualifications in computer science, engineering, agriculture, environmental science or business management, or have equivalent skills, knowledge and experience.
You will also have
- Outstanding communication and negotiation abilities and a history of professional behaviours.
- A track record in product management and translating research to meet market needs, particularly in a high-tech environment.
- The ability to engage with a range of stakeholders, identify key problems and user-needs and influence cross-functional teams to achieve high-impact outcomes.
- Deep knowledge and skills around new technologies and the tech sector with a strong track record in technology innovation.
- A flexible approach with strong ability to manage periods of change, uncertainty and conflict.
- Proven ability to anticipate significant issues and develop creative solutions.
- A current national police clearance (or ability to obtain), current Australian ‘C’ class (motor car) licence or equivalent, and the ability to undertake regular travel.
To see all the criteria required for success in this role, click on the ‘Position Details’ link below. Apply today!
At CSIRO you can be part of helping to solve big, complex problems that make a real difference to our future. We spark off each other, learn from each other, trust each other and collaborate to achieve more than we could individually in a supportive, rewarding, inclusive and truly flexible environment - CSIRO
CSIRO’s Commitment to Diversity
We’re working hard to recruit diverse people and ensure all our people feel supported to do their best work and empowered to let their ideas flourish.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
To apply online, please provide a CV and cover letter outlining your suitability for the role and your motivations for applying.
Sunday 10 February, 2019 (11:59pm AEDT)
We reserve the right to withdraw this ad prior to the closing date.