- Work with world-class scientists and engineers to develop safe and novel foods.
- Be involved in activities for CSIRO’s Food Innovation Centre.
- Join CSIRO – Australia’s premier science & technology research organisation
The role of the Food Technologist in CSIRO will be to collaborate with other Scientists, Engineers and Food Processing staff in innovative research leading to commercial and scientific achievements, which are aligned with CSIRO's strategies. They will be primarily engaged in activities of CSIRO’s Food Innovation Centre which involves close-to-market research for local and international food manufacturing industry clients. The food technologist will have the opportunity to build research and industry networks and play a lead role in securing project funds and project delivery of the centre.
The Food Technologist will be a market-oriented food technologist who will join the CSIRO’s Food Innovation Centre at Werribee, Vic. The position will focus on plant ingredient science and technology and project management. You will lead or contribute to projects and project activities and work with world-class scientists and engineers to develop safe and novel foods, ingredients and beverages for the Australian food industry and global consumers. Specifically, this position will be engaged in activities related to our clients, pilot-scale food processing, quality assurance and product development. You will operate and troubleshoot pilot food processing equipment such as size reduction, ultrafiltration, separation, extraction, evaporation and drying technologies.
Your duties will include:
- Provide expertise in plant proteins (ingredient science, chemical and physical characterisation).
- Lead projects and project activities.
- Work with world-class scientists and engineers to develop safe and novel foods, ingredients and beverages for the Australian food industry and global consumers.
- Engage in activities related to our clients, pilot-scale food processing, quality assurance and product development.
Location: Werribee, Victoria
Salary: AU$98k - AU$106k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
To be considered you will need:
Under CSIRO policy only those who meet all essential selection criteria can be appointed.
- A Postgraduate degree in the relevant discipline areas of either Food Technology, Food Science or Food Engineering.
- At least 5 years postgraduate training in food research and development and/or equivalent industry experience.
- Proven ability to develop new food product and processing applications from a variety of food materials (including plant proteins) at pilot or commercial scale.
- Demonstrated project management skills in the development and execution of multi-disciplinary experimental plans from laboratory scale to pilot scale.
- Demonstrated skills in the areas of food processing, food product development and related quality assessment.
- The ability to prepare project proposals and seek investment and co-investment from various stakeholders (e.g. companies, industry and granting bodies)
- Proven ability to work effectively as part of a multi-disciplinary, regionally dispersed research team, and carry out independent individual research, to achieve organisational goals.
For more information please view the Position Description.
The successful applicant will be required to obtain and provide a National Police Check or equivalent.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit diverse people and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish. Diversity and Inclusion Strategy
We are committed to the safety and wellbeing of all children and young people.
At CSIRO, Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
AEST 11:59pm Sunday, 19th April 2020