- Are you a veterinary pathologist registrable with Veterinary Boards in Australia?
- Can you provide pathology expertise for animal challenge experiments?
- Join the team at CSIRO Australian Centre for Disease Preparedness (ACDP)
CSIRO’s Australian Centre for Disease Preparedness (ACDP) is seeking to appoint a Veterinary Pathologist.
As the successful candidate, you will provide pathology expertise to various facility user groups including ACDP’s diagnostic laboratory and research teams. You will use your expertise and skills in veterinary pathology to develop, interpret and implement research projects in the area of zoonotic and emergency animal diseases for the purpose of mitigating their impact on Australian society, economy and environment.
Your duties will include:
- Provide a prompt and accurate service in veterinary anatomic and clinical pathology in support of ACDP’s diagnostic program.
- Provide histological, ultrastructural, gross and clinical pathology expertise to research projects, including to projects conducted at BSL3 and BSL4.
- Support ACDP’s program to aid the detection and control of transboundary animal diseases and other zoonotic and emergency diseases in Australia and the Asia-Pacific region by provision of pathology expertise and training.
- Identify, approach and communicate with key stakeholders in Department of Agriculture, Water and the Environment and other relevant federal, state and non-governmental organisations to increase ACDP’s profile and influence.
Location: Geelong VIC
Salary: AU$113k – AU$132k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
To be considered you will need:
- A veterinary degree registrable with Veterinary Boards in Australia.
- Post-graduate experience in veterinary anatomic pathology, including histopathology and gross pathology.
- Demonstrated experience, including a significant publication record, of at least 3 years in experimental science and in the management of research projects.
For full details about this role please review the Position Description
The successful applicant will be required to obtain and maintain a security clearance at the Negative Vetting 1 level.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit diverse people and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish. Diversity and Inclusion Strategy
We are committed to the safety and wellbeing of all children and young people.
At CSIRO, Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
Sunday 16 August 2020, 11:00 pm AEST