- Immerse Yourself in an Inclusive Culture
- Use your Skills and Make an Impact on CSIROs Agriculture and Food!
- Join CSIRO - Australia's Premier Science and Technology Research Organisation
The Senior Research Scientist – Sensory Science will work within the Sensory and Consumer Science Team, which has capability and facilities to research flavour and texture perception, consumer food acceptance and food choice. The team is part of the Food Quality and Safety Group of the Food Program which delivers science that underpins the development and delivery of healthy, safe and sustainable foods, food ingredients and beverages for Australia’s food industry and global consumers.
The team is currently based in Sydney and capabilities will be relocated to Werribee in September 2021. This position will be based in Werribee and will include contributing to the design of the newly updated sensory laboratory facilities.
Your duties will include:
- Within broad guidelines, using professional expertise, knowledge of other disciplines and research experience/achievement to formulate, develop and complete an approved suite of client and strategic projects aligned to the impact areas of the Food Program.
- Anticipating industry and/or community needs and market direction through client liaison/networking and identifying and adapting quickly to changes.
- Communicating research results to clients and the scientific community through oral and written reports, including publications in high impact peer reviewed scientific journals.
- Leading and supervising staff to ensure that experiments are established in accordance with the research design and are completed within the agree timeframes and budget.
- Acting as a trusted advisor, utilising knowledge of client’s business and understanding of their underlying needs.
- Conducting research in accordance with national and international ethical guidelines, including preparation of human research ethics applications.
- Undertaking research demonstrating a considerable degree of originality, creativity and innovation in solving problems and introducing new directions and approaches.
Location: Werribee, VIC
Salary: AU$113k - AU$132k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Indefinite (Full-Time)
To be considered you will need:
- A doctorate in sensory science or a related field with evidence of relevant postdoc experience.
- Significant experience in designing, conducting, analysing and reporting sensory and consumer science research with relevance to food using a range of different methodologies.
- Strong track record of scientific dissemination in high-impact journals and scientific conferences, as well as to clients through presentations and reports.
- Strong evidence of client liaison with demonstrated ability to attract external funding from the food industry.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and conduct research with human participants adhering to ethical and food safety guidelines.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and experience in establishing and maintaining strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Emerging national and/or international reputation.
For full details about this role please review the Position Description
The successful applicant will be required to obtain and provide a National Police Check or equivalent.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit diverse people and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish. Diversity and Inclusion Strategy
We are committed to the safety and wellbeing of all children and young people.
At CSIRO, Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
27th September 2020, 11:00pm AEST